Deformation of image when rotating animation is "on"
Hello, I have a deformation when I have the animation on a circle.

Here's the deformed "vinyl" when the rotation is in effect:

Here's when the animation is paused:

and here's the code used :

Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>Cd overlay</description>
    <animation effect="slide" start="-518" end="0" time="1000" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="600">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation type="WindowClose">
        <effect type="slide" start="0" end="-514" time="800" tween="cubic" easing="in" delay="0"/>
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="1300"/>
        <condition type="!Player.Playing"/>
    </animation>
    <animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="3000" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="!Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
        <width>252</width>
        <height>252</height>
        <posx>58</posx>                    
        <posy>426</posy>
        <texture>cd/default.png</texture>
        <visible>IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7656))</visible>
</control>

Thanks for any help! I have no clue.
Cheers!
If you look closely, you'll see that the disc is oval and not round. Seems like you don't use a 16:9 resolution. So either optimize your skin for 16:10 aspect or change your resolution.
(2014-01-07, 22:26)`Black Wrote: If you look closely, you'll see that the disc is oval and not round. Seems like you don't use a 16:9 resolution. So either optimize your skin for 16:10 aspect or change your resolution.

oh! Thanks. I do develop on my laptop which has a resolution of 1440x900... You're telling me then that on a standard 16:9 HDTV, it will be ok?

edit - OK, tested with 1280x720 and indeed, there's no more deformation. Thanks!
The deformation is caused by a pixel aspect ratio of something other than square. This happens due to you displaying the XBMC window in something other than the aspect ratio you define your skin at, so it's stretched.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@jmarshall, well, shouldn't the animation work with the raw image and the pixel aspect be applied on the generated animated sprite instead or the animation "container"?
The animation is applied to the control which isn't square in this case.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-01-08, 00:14)jmarshall Wrote: The animation is applied to the control which isn't square in this case.

Is there a way to do it another way?
IMO it's a bug in the skinning engine as the pixel aspect should be applied after transformations and everything (so do all operations in skin aspect/resolution). Easiest might be to render everything in skin resolution and only scale/deform the entire frame/buffer, but this for sure has downsides (like more blurry fonts because of upscaling them as well) and these downsides are probably the reason for the current implementation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deformation of image when rotating animation is "on"0