Gotham vs Frodo with SMB shares on Windows
I've encountered this problem multiple times now that I upgraded to Gotham.

All my SMB shares askf or a username/password when they never asked for that under Frodo. I don't have a username/password. I don't want to set one as the "server" pc is a pc that I don't want to have people ask me constantly "What's the password?" as it's the main HTPC as well.

Don't have the cash to split it up as of yet. So what do I do about SMB shares under Gotham with this password issue? It's required me struggling to work around it each time and it's been tiring.
I serve from W8.1 using SMB or NFS. I don't have any password issues. I suspect you need to set permissions and/or sharing options for your server especially if it's windows.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Done that a long time ago lol. My laptop interacts with my desktop/server just fine. My Kitchen PC just asks for a username though.

All of the PCs are on Windows 8(not 8.1). So they're all on the same install. It really just makes no sense and I'm not the only person getting this with SMB.

I'm not the only one though, quite a number of people are getting issues where they try to add an SMB share and Gotham won't let them browse available networks.
As a general rule I never upgrade softwares, always use revo uninstaller OR Ccleaner to uninstalll softwares > reboot and install new.
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - FiiO E10 - Fiio K5 Pro - Kali Audio LP6 - TinAudio T2 - BLON 03 - ATH-M40X - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Fenvi 9260 WiFi/BT 5 - Corsair K55/Harpoon - VS350 - Carbide 400R - Apple Shuffle 2GB + Fiio M5.
XBMC > KODI with the good old MCE Remote. 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham vs Frodo with SMB shares on Windows0