• 1(current)
12.3 libnfs update breaks NFS on Windows
Hey Folks (@Memphiz I believe this is your area!)

Trac is down so initially posting here.

Using Hanewin NFS 1.2.14 server from Win 7 64 bit -> Frodo 12.2 - no issues. Indeed, no issues with this combo for years.

Same thing to Frodo 12.3 = major breakage - specifically when cleaning library.

Things appear fine, initially. Paths are found, files play (big and small, I see others having issues with large files, but 20GB files no issue here). However when one cleans library - almost everything is dropped from the library. NFS paths disappear and are no longer reachable via Videos->Files. Minutes later the paths sometimes re-appear.

I've trawled the 12.2 to 12.3 changelog - seems almost certainly to be the NFS update. I do notice that a Hanewin patch is removed at some point (maybe it shouldn't have been?)

Reverting to 12.2 solves the issue....I am not worried about 12.3 as it does nothing extra for me really, but this is more of a Gotham warning (I have to give Gotham a try soon but since I use mysql I've been avoiding it a bit!).

Debug log here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108804/xbmc.log (too big for pastebin - 2MB) - no obvious issues in that you can see palybacks working ok and then when the clean library starts, it appears to be going ok - but then does the mass delete.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
can you please compare the libnfs.dll from 12.3 with this one here with winmerge or so and confirm that they are equal?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30371861/libnfs.dll
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Also i think there are a couple of fixes missing in 12.3 which are in gotham code already which are related to distinguishing multiple exports which are subwords of each other ... like /share1, /share2 and so on ... if i am right this is exactly the scenario you have setup.

Please check with latest nightly if you can - i think it should be ok. Sry for the circumstances with 12.3 though - bugfix releases are not so easy to handle as you can see ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks for your help!

They appear to be identical according to winmerge.

Ok, I will try with Gotham nightly and report back. Like I say 12.3 isn't very relevant to me anyway. And yes, my shares are basically
MovieLibrary02
MovieLibrary08
etc
...so definitely using subwords!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Ok, just tried Gotham nightly - same issue I am afraid.

I don't have a compile system for windows here (I think I still have one set up at the office but I am not there till next week). But if someone can get me a libnfs.dll v1.8 I can certainly try that before we dig deeper...
Here you go:

1.8.0:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3037...-1.8.0.dll

current master:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3037...master.dll
Still borked with both of those unfortunately.

It deletes my entire TV library, and all movies except ?a few isos.

Very odd! Where to from here??
not sure ... a big *sigh* from me for now ...
Should I open a trac ticket maybe, so this doesn't get lost? Given it's an issue with both Frodo and Gotham...
sure - but even if it is tracced - it just depends if i find some time to dig into it ... atm i am all into ios7 breakage Sad - so even if it seems hard to understand - you still should consider that this bug might be left in gotham release - just because my todo list is way to long and my time will get low soon again ...
Completely fair enough of course.

That said there's a lot of nfs users out there, even on windows, that this may well cause some serious Sad posts!

I realise I haven't actually tried using the older libnfs from Frodo with Gotham - is that worth a go or has the API itself changed? I suppose that would be an easy fix if it was jsut a drop in replacement for those affected...I will test that and then trac it all.
there is a bigger ios7 userbase - i can choose between broken leg or broken head you know Wink
Yep for sure.

(Although a lot of users have found that can stream HD via NFS and not SMB so I suspect there is more than you think but surely yes a lot less than the Apple hordes!)

I did see some NFS commits but I suppose they were for the other issue with bigger files?

(using the libnfs from frodo tells me the sources are unavailable after a clean library).

It seems to me this is most likely related to the patches for using 'subnames' (which I have always done without issue)...as tried Gotham a few months ago without this issue - that is, what are the odds this is xbmc vs. libnfs? Should I also be wiresharking??
No - for your case it would be good if you can find out a minimal test environment (e.x. 2 exports with some fake files in there) which triggers the behaviour. If you found that minimal test environment and i am able to reproduce the problem - this will be more likely that i can fix it (or decide that it is libnfs).

Also it would be interesting if this is really only a windows problem or if this happens also with xbmc running on another os (e.x. linux or android or what).

I know its annoying...

PS: of course you can try this test version http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...stat64.exe which is a build from the bugfix for the other problem with the big fiels - it is unlikely but its worth a try.
I can try on my Nexus 7 with latest Gotham nightly as well? Will give that a go tonight.

So you want this minimal environment thing to be something I can zip up (it would look like this:

Drive 1
movies01/fake_name/movie1_fake.mkv
Drive 2
movies02/fake_name/movie2_fake.mkv

...basically. And an exports file to match I guess? Is that enough?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.3 libnfs update breaks NFS on Windows0