Popup shows recordings have been deleted
.... when the computer running the server goes to sleep. Is this normal behavior? What happened was I was not watching TV on the client, watching a movie instead from a different server. The computer with serverWMC went to sleep and shortly after a notification popped up on my client saying a bunch of shows were deleted. Kind of freaked out. After I calmed down I looked on that hypc and seen all the shows were still there.
Is this just normal behavior when xbmc PVR manager looses a connection to the recorded TV database? It doesn't find them so it assumes they are all deleted. So will it be doing a complete import every time I startup my client? Not that big of an issue just a little distracting if I have to see that every time I watch a movie and my server htpc sleeps.
Got to say again, you guys are doing a kickballs job with this addon! Thanks.
Yeah its normal. I have never been too clear on what it is referring to when it says 'recordings are being deleted'. I've assumed its timers that it knew about that are now in the past after it wakes up, so it deletes them from its database - but I'm not sure that's right. This is not something our addon is doing, its xbmc itself.

Rest assured serverwmc/xbmc has no ability to auto-delete a recording. The only time it can delete a recording is if you tell it to in the recordings display.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-01-08, 04:12)krustyreturns Wrote: Yeah its normal. I have never been too clear on what it is referring to when it says 'recordings are being deleted'. I've assumed its timers that it knew about that are now in the past after it wakes up, so it deletes them from its database - but I'm not sure that's right. This is not something our addon is doing, its xbmc itself.

Rest assured serverwmc/xbmc has no ability to auto-delete a recording. The only time it can delete a recording is if you tell it to in the recordings display.

Thanks Krusty. You are probably right. It appeared to be every show that had recorded since the last time I had that client on. I'll dig around and see if there is something I can change to prevent that. At least change the wording so instead of saying deleting xxxxx it would say removing timer for xxxxx or something.
Thanks
There is an xmbc setting to turn off notifications on timer updates.
(2014-01-08, 05:37)krustyreturns Wrote: There is an xmbc setting to turn off notifications on timer updates.

Well, didn't have to dig far, thanks!

For anyone not in the know, it's in Live TV settings, under recordings.

There is a setting in there about waking. Not looking at it now so forget exactly what it says. Can that be used to wake the server when I switch to live TV on client? Right now I'm setup to wake the server when my client wakes up. But if I watch a movie in my library, my server will go back to sleep. Then when I go to live TV, well it's not connected. I have to send a wol through another means. This is not totally problematic, but somehow sending wol through xbmc whenever I go to live TV would be nice.

Not a big deal though. When I get my rc6 remote I'll use eventghost to map a button press to send wol.
Testing my understanding: you say you are watching a movie in your library, I assume this movie is not stored on your swmc machine, so that machine goes to sleep after a while from inactivity, then you switch to live-tv but the swmc doesn't wake, right?
That's right. Movies on whs2011 machine. SWMC on HTPC. Client on HTPC 2
So I think the easy way to fix this is to have swmc not let its machine go to sleep if detects any clients online. That should do it, right?
If that could be done without making it a sleep blocker when clients are offline, I think that would be ideal.
Yeah, it won't to that. I have already written some code that does this for another program. I will try to get it into the next rev - all I have to do is find it.
(2014-01-08, 19:38)bandook Wrote: For anyone not in the know, it's in Live TV settings, under recordings.

If you mean Live TV on the Home page, I don't have a settings below that.
If you mean System, Settings, Live TV, I don't see turn off notifications on timer updates settings anywhere either.

I'd like to turn off the bing/bong popups on what's been deleted or started recording too.

I don't mind leaving them on for the first week or so until I'm familiar with what's going on. They need to go at some point though Smile
I've had this happen to me as well the past few days.

The weird thing is I've set my server to never go to sleep. It's when the client awakes from sleep that I notice this.

All of my future recording timers are "deleted", and nothing is shown in my recorded TV folder. If I schedule a new recording from the client, all of a sudden it "finds" all of the other timers and imports them. I can't see anything in my recorded TV folder until a new show begins recording.
JazJon,

It should be here:
Settings > Live TV > Recording >'Display a notification on timer updates'

LSU Jonno,

I haven't heard of this before. It sounds like when the client wakes up it has dumped all of the livetv info it cached. When you set a new timer its getting it all refreshed. Did you disable the pvr database in xbmc?
I don't think so. I'll check tonight and take better notes when it occurs.
Go it, unchecked timer updates thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Popup shows recordings have been deleted0