record yesterday, gone today
I am probably doing something that is obviously stupid to most people, but twice now in last 3 days I have recorded a program and it is not there the next day.

I am using XBMCBuntu Frodo 12.2 with the built-in MythTV plugin and myth .26-fixes for the backend.

On 1/4/2014 I recorded a program from the MythWeb interface on my MythTV box, and it worked just fine. Still there.

Several hours later, I recorded another program from XBMC by pressing 'menu' and pressing the red 'record' button on the far right of the icon list.

The next morning, I was able to watch it. No problems. However, the next day (1/6/2014) I went to watch it, and it was gone!

I was messing around with some folders that day, so I figured I must be insane; maybe I deleted it by accident.

...so that same night (1/6/2014) I recorded it again (again by pressing the red button in XBMC). I logged into the my Myth system and the file was there. I logged into my NAS and the file was there, 3.5GiB.

This morning, it was gone again! (and by 'gone' I mean I log into my NAS and the file is not there anymore)

I am quite positive that I didn't delete this one.

Both of these missing recordings show up in MythWeb under the "upcoming recordings" tab, both show the correct record date, time, and recorded length, and both say "currently recording: Edit".

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

What logs can I check, or what other information can I provide to make this a more useful question?

Thanks a bunch,

-Ws
mythbackend does expire stuff when it runs out of disk space, but it isn't normally that quick.

Do you have "hide watched" set in XBMC? I am not sure if that even affects PVR, but it might.

The mythbackend log will reveal if and why the system deleted it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I just realized I never followed-up on this.

This turned out to be a bad hard disk, so not related to addons or Kodi at all.

-Wes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
record yesterday, gone today0