Solved Smart Playlist based on Source
Is there a way to make smart playlists/custom nodes based on video sources instead of listing individual paths?

I use the custom Home Items feature to create separate nodes on my home screen based on the video sources added to my library (Kids Movies, Kids Series, Documentaries etc). I also use it for sub menu items. Whenever I add a new filepath to a source, I have to update the filters (path starts with //server/disc 1 etc) in each node to reflect the change.

Video Source: Kids Movies contains //Server/Disc 1/Kids Movies, //Server/Disc 3/Kid Movies

(Updated) Video Source: Kids Movies contains //Server/Disc 1/Kids Movies, //Server/Disc 3/Kid Movies, //Server 2/Disc 2/Kid Movies

Being able to make a smart Playlist/custom node based on the video source would mean that there would be no need for change when a new path is added. Is this feature currently available?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
LongMan
Just use "Path contains", "Kids Movies".

Then you don't have to add disc 1, 2, etc.
Thanks. Never thought of that. Simple, yet very effective. Works like a charm.

LongMan
Smile 
The simplicity of the solution have me thinking that it should not be to difficult to generate a main menu list based on the sources. I have seen here on the forum people's comment about the plex main menu. @unfledged could have his plugin generate a main menu of video sources by using "Path contains", [source] and maybe generate a recently added list for each source as well.

Don't know if it is possible but it would be nice Big Grin

LongMan
The script will already let you pin a smart playlist as a menu item. I'll look into listing recently added items from a playlist, but it's unlikely to be a great experience - the way the script works means it will be slower than addons designed for listing recent/random items, and it can't place them in the same location onscreen as these plugins do (it's not usual for these to be displayed in the submenu).
I was thinking about it more from the perspective of having Main Menu items generated from the sources in the library, which is how it is done in plex.
Not having Plex, I'm really not sure how it works, but if I'm understanding correctly you're either asking for each source in the library to have an automatically generated link in the menu?

If that's the case, then it's not really possible (without major workarounds), as the Files.GetSources method only returns the path of the source - the addon can use that to create a link to the files view, but not to the Library view with content limited to that source. AFAIK that requires a smart playlist, which it's very messy for the script to create and maintain (particularly when sources change, etc) - I'm not aware of any API which lets an addon create a smart playlist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist based on Source0