Remote Control!? Which?
Hi all, i'm very soon going to be upgrading my XBMC machine with a new smaller still windows based one, iv been using an old Medion media center machine which came with a remote.

But being the perfectionist arse i am, the windows MCE logo on the remote bugged the hell out of me the fact there were useless unmapped buttons did to.

Iv searched and searched to find a xbmc remote with xbmc branded buttons but obviously came up short..

So i was just wondering what you guys do for a remote?

Iv thought about buying a cheap android tablet to permanently run the xbmc remote app good idea?
* un1versal points to Remote_controls (wiki) look at perhaps mce remotes.
* un1versal points to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170372 to fix your current remote properly and save yourself money.

I use MCE remote +receiver but ya 1st link I pointed as all the compatible stuff if not second link will sort it out for you.

There are also 100 threads on >> Similar subjects to: What remotes you guys use with XBMC, so another one is not going to change what's already been discussed to death.

There are no XBMC branded remotes buttons, there are remotes made for XBMC like Nyxboard http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/product...-xbmc.aspx But that is hard to find now.

But I bet that you can resolve your problem with link 2 or link 1

Oops you said windows, Then definitely Link 1
I like the RC6-compatible remotes like this one:
I use an older Android phone (Samsung Galaxy 1) and cheap tablet as my remotes running the Yatse app, which is awesome and development is very active and has a great community. It is great for running multiple instances of XBMC, I have four (4) in my house, including a Raspberry Pi. I love the ability to navigate my library and addons on my Android remotes without having to be in front of the TV. Great for creating playlists and queuing shows for my kids. Also, besides the Raspberry Pi, which runs 24/7, all my other builds are network hardwired and I use the remotes for wake-on-lan, which gives the PCs a appliance feel kind of like a DVD player, which makes the wife happy, cause you know what they say happy wife, happy life.

Zygon
(2014-01-08, 15:21)jamie_b Wrote: ...Iv thought about buying a cheap android tablet to permanently run the xbmc remote app good idea?

Nope, IMHO you should spend your money on a proper remote.
If you have a tablet or smartphone lying around, then I'd say great, use it - the functionality of some of the remote apps are fantastic. However you will be annoyed that it keeps going into standby, needs to be recharged an inconvenient moments etc.

Although.......
On the other hand if (like my better half) you like to multitask - play a game, check emails while watching or listening to stuff them maybe a tablet is the way to go! Tongue
Thanks for the help guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control!? Which?0