Solved Show not found - but it is in TheTVDB.com
I have a show (Los Gozos y las Sombras) that the TheTVDB.com scraper seems to be unable to find. However, visiting TheTVDB.com from a browser and searching for it by hand does return a hit. Granted, there isn't much information, but there is something - most notably banners and a description of the show. The episodes seem to have no name, so I named the video files that contain them according to the following scheme: Episode.s01e01.mkv. I tried removing 'Episode', leaving s01e01.mkv, but to no avail. Any ideas on how to scrape data about this show would be much appreciated.

The relevant debugging log can be found at debug log.
First, remove/rename any /etc/asound.conf or /home/asound.rc you may have (And you do have one), whatever you have is clearly borked.

Then Install a proper video card driver its also screwed up.

10:06:39 T:3037935424 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = VMware, Inc.
10:06:39 T:3037935424 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Gallium 0.4 on SVGA3D; build: RELEASE;

Finally Name the source folder for this show EXACTLY as tvdb has it.
Set the content tvshows and select tvdb scraper.

The episodes should be named inside that folder for easiness to find and your organization

Los Gozos y las Sombras s01e01 Capítulo 1 mkv

Like this

Los Gozos y las Sombras < folder name -- Content tv show< scraper tvdb -- scraper settings .. language ES (not EN)
Los Gozos y las Sombras s01e02 Capítulo 2 mkv
etc.
Thanks for your answer. Never mind the sound and video card issues, for this is something I am running as a virtual machine for testing purposes.

Now the directory hierarchy that I have is /XBMC/Series/Los Gozos y las Sombras/01, with the names of the episodes as described in my previous post. I have a similar hierarchy for other TV shows, and they are recognized perfectly - e.g. I have /XBMC/Series/Planet Earth/01, and the scraper retrieves this without any problems.

As you can see, the name of the directory is exactly as in tvdb. I have even tried with all lowercase, as it seems to be in tvdb, to no avail. Still, searching at the tvdb web site retrieves the show with or without capitals - which makes sense, of course. It just seems to be the case that the XBMC scraper is not find a series called Los Gozos y las Sombras, with or without capitals.
tbh your log is a nightmare, I felt like I wanted to hang myself while looking at it.

But no you need to think outsie the box.

Get one directory named like I said

NOT
/XBMC/Series/Los Gozos y las Sombras/01

Yes
Los Gozos y las Sombras < folder name -- Content tv show< scraper tvdb -- scraper settings .. language ES (not EN)
Los Gozos y las Sombras s01e02 Capítulo 2 mkv

The scraper language is set in this content only as SPANISH not ENGLISH
I got it working at last, thanks. What seems to have made all the difference is changing 'Language' from 'en' to 'es'. I still have the original directory hierarchy; it seems to work fine that way - not surprisingly, for I have other material (in English) with the same kind of hierarchy that is recognized without any problems. Thanks for your help.

I am curious though: what's so bad about my log? XBMC seems to be running fine in the virtual machine. There is of course the sound problem that you pointed out, which I don't care about for, like I said, it's just for testing scraper issues. As for the video, I made sure that the binary Nvidia driver, in the actual hardware that this virtual machine is running on, is enabled in the virtual machine. Initially it wasn't, which made using XBMC a rather painful experience. But now it is essentially as responsive as the XBMC instance running directly on the hardware of a different, but similar, system (my access to this one is somewhat limited, with my daughter monopolizing it most of the time - hence the log from the XBMC instance in the virtual machine.)

The thing is, although the sound and video issues you pointed out are not present in this latter instance (which seems to be working flawlessly) other problems you observed in the log might. Again, your feedback would be appreciated.
Well, if you have to go through logs like that to get to what may be the problem and they full of errors and filled with crap, no.. It makes my eyes go bleh, and takes ages and I get headaches and just want to close the log and ignore the problem.

You can setup XBMC in virtual machines properly, its no excuse.

Ya I figured it would be the language since thats what I said twice., anyway please full edit your main post and mark as solved... and a cookie (+) would be good
I see. OK.

I had to change two things to solve this problem:

1) Changed the hierarchy from /XBCM/Los Gozos y las Sombras/01 to /XBMC/Los Gozos y las Sombras.
2) Changed the Language tag for this series from 'en' to 'es'.

It would be interesting if somebody could explain why 1 was necessary for this show, and this show alone, in order to get the scraper to retrieve data for it.
Because if you search in Eglish you also wont get a hit in tvdb you need to search in all Languages

See http://thetvdb.com/index.php?seriesname=...ncedsearch
But when searching in All languages or Spanish you get a hit http://thetvdb.com/index.php?seriesname=...ncedsearch
You do not need to do (1).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show not found - but it is in TheTVDB.com0