complete backup method
HI,

I have setup for some friends and family several box of Android running XBMC 12.2 with customization such as Arabic font, channels, subtitles and so on. I'm trying to figure out a way to create a full/complete back of my box and put it on a site and have them download to update their boxes. Some of those people are computer illiterate. What's the best way? Should I backup the entire android box which include XBMC or just backup XBMC?
Thanks
Sam
Hello mate, XBMC backup may be of use to you. You get it from xbmc.org add ons. You can back up to flash drive or drop box.
The only thing you would need to backup is the XBMC userdata (wiki) folder.
Thanks I've been using that. But some of the setting are not there when I restore such as character set. Add-on short cut, fonts, will the user data save these information? Hours about user is and password for add-on such as Navi-x USTV NOW Trakt.tv
It should save everything. Are you sure you backup the complete userdata folder?
I agree with safisam. No, Kodi backup does NOT do a complete backup. You still have to go in and re-set some of the settings. It is not much, but for customers completely computer illiterate even that presents a problem. I too am looking for a way to do a complete image backup of the entire (in my case Android) box that they could just go to a website and easily re-image their box. A factory re-set is not helpful because that also requires re-setting all the up front Android settings, then they'd have to re-start Kodi and have the Kodi backup to restore. If anybody has an idea of how to do a complete image backup of an Android box please share it.
"Customers" that are completely computer illiterate are going to have a hard time setting up Kodi in the first place. I have no issue with making Kodi backups easier, but backing up Android settings is not something we're ever going to support. Kodi is a specific application that runs on multiple OSes, and not a system for managing your entire PC/TV box/whatever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
complete backup method1