Movie Background Artwork
I am using Aeon Nox and I was wondering if there is a way to do this or not. I have been playing with the options, but can't seem to find a built in function that will accomplish this.

What I am asking for is the ability to have fanart stored in the movie folder cycle through as the background image while sorting through the movies. If you look at the linked image, what I am looking for is something that would rotate the image of Ashton Kutcher / Steve Jobs in the background to other images that are stored in the same folder. I have seen this before, but I can't remember if it was on another skin, or if it was from back in the day when I used Media Browser. Either way, if it is possible I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. Thanks.

I believe what you want is to select "Random Movies" in your background customizer. This will cycle through extra fanart for that movie. I have noticed though that you must first enter an info screen for any movie before the backgrounds start to cycle.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
If you want it specific to the movie, enable extrafanart for the background View Type Settings. It will take all images from inside the <movie>\extrafanart folder and use them as background images, for only that movie.
Are you talking about the "Background Customizer" under the "Viewtype Settings"? That is where I went, but the only options for background setup for Fanart is: Yes, No, and Extra-Fanart. . . none of which rotate the background image.

If you are talking about another setting I would appreciate it if you could give me some guidance. I have changed the default background for the movies menu item for random movies, but I would like the one for the one specific movie to change with other images for that same movie.
Thanks Vaikin, I will give that a try. I did that earlier, but then I realized that I had not ran the Artwork Downloader on the library to establish the extrafanart folder. I am going to scrape my library now, and I will try that afterward.
(2014-01-08, 23:32)Vaikin Wrote: If you want it specific to the movie, enable extrafanart for the background View Type Settings. It will take all images from inside the <movie>\extrafanart folder and use them as background images, for only that movie.

My mistake. Yes, my suggestion would give the random fanart on the home screen.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-01-09, 00:54)Towndrunk Wrote: Thanks Vaikin, I will give that a try. I did that earlier, but then I realized that I had not ran the Artwork Downloader on the library to establish the extrafanart folder. I am going to scrape my library now, and I will try that afterward.

Did this work for you? Because I tried the same thing and it's not working for me at all. The artwork downloader creates the extrafanart folder, but gives me random file names for the extra fanart that don't make any sense and the background image never changes. I do have extrafanart enabled on the background image.
(2014-01-16, 13:34)trpltongue Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 00:54)Towndrunk Wrote: Thanks Vaikin, I will give that a try. I did that earlier, but then I realized that I had not ran the Artwork Downloader on the library to establish the extrafanart folder. I am going to scrape my library now, and I will try that afterward.

Did this work for you? Because I tried the same thing and it's not working for me at all. The artwork downloader creates the extrafanart folder, but gives me random file names for the extra fanart that don't make any sense and the background image never changes. I do have extrafanart enabled on the background image.

Mine don't start cycling until I have entered the info screen for at least one video. After that they continue to cycle for all videos.
Yes, it did work for me. Most of the files in my extrafanart folder have obscure file names as well. Something like dK2HTiYwfm8OcXVdfEPT55fuyVb.jpg is what they look like on my end. Once I made the change in the ViewType settings to the Background Customizer it worked for me. I set Fanart: to Extra-Fanart and it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Background Artwork0