iOS Errors in Cydia
Hi all, I haven't ever had this issue before with Cydia, but this is my 2nd time installing XBMC on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4, the first i removed it accidentally, but now in trying to get it back, i'm receiving these errors:

Method has died unexpectedly!
Sub-process returned an error code (100)
Method /usr/lib/apt/methods/ did not start correctly

Now i did cleanse out the old preferences using iFile, but even after that, I'm still have issues. I have given it a few days then retried, but i'm still getting the same. Has anyone had this or know how to remedy it? Thanks
IIRC its an issue with jailbreak/cydia ... google it might help - its unrelated to xbmc afaik.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I think what leads people to think its an XBMC issue is the fact that you can install other apps from other Repositories without issue. I know in my case the only repository impacted was XBMC. And.. I did absolutely nothing to fix it It just started to work at some point. Really weird.
If i get any errors whislt installing a package from cydia, i usually just close all apps, do a hard reboot and then try again. Works for me 99% of the time
I haven't done a hard reboot yet, but I do turn off the phone every 2 days. I have also tried iCleaner Pro to clean the phone out, but it's still coming up. joesmith13245, how long was it until it started to work for you?
(2014-01-09, 21:15)mknabster Wrote: I haven't done a hard reboot yet, but I do turn off the phone every 2 days. I have also tried iCleaner Pro to clean the phone out, but it's still coming up. joesmith13245, how long was it until it started to work for you?

it didn't work for about 12 hours. Then tried and it worked. I do have OCD so the attempt that worked was after 15 tries in a 5 minute span.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Errors in Cydia0