Rotate fanart without using MultiImage ?
Does anyone know a way to rotate fanart in a skin without using MultiImage (source of fanart are not in the same directory, so I can't use MultiImage?? ).

I imagine some type of fade in and out animation and a visible control on and off by fade in and out to rotate between images...I'm a novice at best when it comes to skinning, so if someone skilled can post an example I would be grateful.
Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
this could work:

add your images to a wraplist with static content.
use an alarmclock with Control.Move(id,offset) to autoscroll through the list.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Autoscroll through a wraplist can be done using <autoscroll> now I think.

An alternate method would be to write a plugin to access the images and use that as the multi-image directory (not sure if that'll work)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for info... I should have mentioned this skin is for a plugin. so I don't think alarmclock would work... How would auto scroll work with image control? Do you have an example I could go by?

To detail, I'm using extendedinfo to receive trending list and want one control box to rotate thru info of all trending shows...
The autoscroll works with a wraplist. i.e. add a wraplist and add <autoscroll> elements to it (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1594636 ). Set it so that the layout for the wraplist includes an image using ListItem.Path.

Then you fill the wraplist using a your items with the path of each item set to the image you want to display. The wraplist will then auto-scroll through the items. (It may only do this when focused - not sure).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-01-09, 00:31)jmarshall Wrote: The autoscroll works with a wraplist. i.e. add a wraplist and add <autoscroll> elements to it (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1594636 ). Set it so that the layout for the wraplist includes an image using ListItem.Path.

Then you fill the wraplist using a your items with the path of each item set to the image you want to display. The wraplist will then auto-scroll through the items. (It may only do this when focused - not sure).
Thanks I'll give it a try...
Hi Everybody,

I wish to achieve something similar.

I want to cycle through a list of static fanart, but the transition from one fanart to the other should be seen simpy as a fadeIn and fadeOut. I do not wish to see the fanart sliding.

The purpose of this, is to have the fanart provided by the skin.Widgets to cycle in the background of the Home Screen

Currently I Have. Under Includes.xml:

PHP Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="8888">
    <include>
Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
    <
orientation>horizontal</orientation>
    <
itemlayout width="1280" height="720">
        <
control type="image">
            <include>
            <
texture>$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>
        </
control>
    </
itemlayout>
    <
focusedlayout width="1280" height="720">
        <
control type="image">
            <
animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="3000">Focus</animation>
            <include>
            <
texture>$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>
        </
control>
    </
focusedlayout>
    <
content>    
        <include>
RecentFanartMovies</include>
    </
content>
</
control

And I cycle throught with an AlarmClock under Home.xml

PHP Code:
<onload condition="Stringcompare(Skin.String(ItemsTypeMovies),$LOCALIZE[31709]) | IsEmpty(Skin.String(ItemsTypeMovies))">AlarmClock(Move9600,Control.Move(8888,1),00:5,silent,loop)</onload

The above code shows the fanart properly and makes the focused fanart fade in, but when the next item is called, one can see the fanart sliding to the left. I wish istead to see it fade out.

I have tried several animation combinations, but I dont seem to be able to achieve it.

Maybe you have an idea.

thanks
Set the scrolltime to 0?
(2014-03-27, 12:54)Hitcher Wrote: Set the scrolltime to 0?

This Helps in that one does not see the image sliding to the left. however this makes the current image disappear instantly, so for a fraction of a second you see black. then the new image FadesIn. Any suggestions on how make the current Image Fadeout insted of just disappearing.

I have tried an unfocus animtaion but this doesnt work
not sure if this works in a list, but you could try adding a <fadetime> to the image control
What happens if you set the itemlayout's width and height to 0?
(2014-03-27, 13:45)Jeroen Wrote: not sure if this works in a list, but you could try adding a <fadetime> to the image control

fadetime works for the fadingIn part but not for fadeout

Hitcher Wrote:What happens if you set the itemlayout's width and height to 0?

This avoids the sliding effect similar to setting scroll time to 0, but still no fadeout effect.

The only thing that is missing now is for the current selected fanart to fadeout once the next item in the list is triggered.

What condition can use as trigger for a fadeout animation? something like OnNext?
Its working now.

The problem was correctly playing with scrolltime, animation times and animaiton delays

PHP Code:

<control type="list" id="9600">
                    <include>
                    <
orientation>horizontal</orientation>
                    <
scrolltime>600</scrolltime>
                    <
itemlayout width="0" height="0">
                    </
itemlayout>
                    <
focusedlayout width="1280" height="720">
                        <
control type="image">
                            <
animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="2000">Focus</animation>
                            <
animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" delay="300">Unfocus</animation>
                            <include>
                            <
texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>
                            <
colordiffuse>FanartDiffuse</colordiffuse>
                        </
control>
                    </
focusedlayout>
                    <
content>    
                        <include 
condition="Stringcompare(Skin.String(ItemsTypeMovies),$LOCALIZE[31739])">RecommendedFanartMovies</include>
                        <include 
condition="Stringcompare(Skin.String(ItemsTypeMovies),$LOCALIZE[31738])">RandomFanartMovies</include>
                    </
content>
                </
control
Nope back to square one. for some reason this was behaving as I wanted, but after, shutting down xbmc an running it again. It doesnt work as expected.
Anybody else have an idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotate fanart without using MultiImage ?0