Linux Episode data for Doctor Who
Recently I decided to try XBMC to manage my TV show collections. I used handbrake to copy every episode of every TV show DVD I own. I named them in the format of <TV Show Name>/ <TV Show Name> - S<season #>E<episode #> - <show title>. mp4

Example: Doctor Who, Season 3, episode 4 would be saved under "Doctor Who (2005)/ Doctor Who - S03E04 - Gridlock.mp4"

Every TV show I entered in this fashion worked more or less perfectly. Unfortunately, my Doctor Who TV show did not work properly.
Season 1 (episodes 1-13) appear correctly. Season 2 (episodes 1-14) are shifted by one episode starting at the beginning. The program shows the episode as being the second episode from the DVD as being the first episode from the season. Episode 1 is the christmas episode of doctor who, so maybe it's listed as a special, but the continuity of the series depends on that episode being episode 1... Yes, I have tried using "DVD order" option in the configuration, however that does not change anything.

So, basically, for 6 seasons of Doctor Who, the episodes are shifted by 1 episode and refuse to display any of the special episodes. Is there any way I can go in and manually link each episode to the correct TVDB data? Is there at least a way to just have XBMC recognise the show from the filename and display it so I can watch the show?
This is not XBMC fault, XBMC uses the data provided from The TVDB which list the episode based on there air date . X-mas special is not the first episode of the season, since the DW always starts the actual season after the holidays. Its the bridge between the previous and next season. The only way to fix your problem is to either follow the The TVDB listing or make your own NFO file which will override The TVDB listening.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Rename the specials as S00Exx as defined by theTVdb
The problem with renaming the specials as S00Exx is that they would appear separate from the rest of the episodes. There are cases in this series where an episode is labelled as "special", however for the continuation of the story it must be placed correctly with the rest of the episodes.
No they wont, XBMc will places specials in there proper seasons as well as make a season called Specials containing all specials. Its setup is based on TVDB so since TVDB puts specials in there proper season,
XBMC will also.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode data for Doctor Who0