Smart Playlists: Music Bit Depth=24?
I was looking at the fields that are available for music in Smart Playlists: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sma..._for_music
and it appears there is no bit depth field.

I'd like to be able to create a music smart playlist that filters on the audio bit depth (e.g. create a smart playlist called "HD Audio" that has a bit depth that equal 24)
Is there any way to accomplish this?

[edited based upon sialivi's comments]
If its not in Smart_playlists#Fields (wiki) no.

I suppose that can be added, but then you either do it yourself by patching source code or wait for a developer to do it.
(2014-01-09, 14:37)macrho Wrote: I'd like to be able to create a music smart playlist that filters on the audio bitrate (e.g. create a smart playlist called "HD Audio" that has a bitrate that equal 24)

FYI, that's bit depth (bits per sample), not bitrate (bits per second).
What's the best way to get it on a developer's radar?
(2014-01-09, 15:29)macrho Wrote: What's the best way to get it on a developer's radar?

Bribe? Lapdance?
Ok, how much of a bribe? No lapdance from me, you might be emotionally scarred afterwards Smile
The first problem is that this isn't normally read during tag reading, so it would need to be added there first. For some things bitdepth doesn't make sense (e.g. mp3, and indeed, most lossy formats) as they're stored in the frequency domain rather than the time domain.

Once you take care of that conundrum, you'd need to modify the songs table of the music database to add bitdepth (while you're at it, you mayaswell add the other stuff as well), and extend CSong and CMusicInfoTag to have those fields.

Lastly, you'd modify CSmartPlaylistRule to add the additional fields (along with adding to the Fields enum as needed, and the table mapping those fields to strings etc.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

A workaround might be to add "24bit" to one of the fields that XBMC does read, for example COMMENT. Then you could create a smart playlist that searches on that.

But it does mean that you'd have to go back and retag and update the music library. Which could be imposing if you have a large library.

Just a thought.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Thank you, Jogee, that almost gets me there though it appears I can only do that for songs. I'd like to get the display to be by album and not song. I'll keep poking around and see what I can do

so, jmarshall - what's your ETA on getting all that done? Smile

My thought process was given that the 24bit attribute is displayed on the screen that there might be a way to retrieve it for a smart playlist

watch gallery
@macrho

If you read his post, it refers to you and what you have to do... He didn't offer at all.
macrho,

I think you can do it for the album, not just the song. Take another look at the fields that the smart playlists can read (uNiversal posted the link earlier). I see several fields that might work for album. For eg, the Mood field appears to work with an album search.

Get a free tag editor (I like Mp3tag) to change/add the field to a test batch of files and give it a try. It's better to give it a try yourself first and get things working the way you want, rather than waiting for someone to serve you the solution. In my opinion, that is.

Besides, if it works, you would be helping others in the community by posting your results.

For example, Canozzie posted his work on How to Create Super Smart Playlists. You may want to read through that short thread to see if/how you can modify it to work for you.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2014-01-12, 17:52)uNiversal Wrote: @macrho

If you read his post, it refers to you and what you have to do... He didn't offer at all.

it was my failed attempt at humor
I had found the super smart playlists link and then decided to mess around with MusicBrainz Picard [I've used mp3tag for years] -- waiting on my large library to update and then will see if the "type" id3 tag works for me on an album smart playlist.

Maintaining the tags is a bit of a kludge, but if it works, I'm happy to do it and I'll post exactly what I did so others can enjoy it. With around 30k songs, smart playlists are going to be awesome .. but this also means cleaning up a lot of my tags that don't have proper release types or status (e.g. now I can have a nice way to filter out live recordings)
So far, no luck with this.
I created two different ID3 tags: Type and Moods
I set the value as "24BIT"

Here is the screenshot of the "Type" setup:

So I went and downloaded SqlLiteExplorer and opened up myMusic32.db
I'm guessing the table that is queried is albumInfo?

I then looked at strMoods and strType in the table and did not find any records when "WHERE strType LIKE '%24BIT%'" or strMoods

I can see the Type and Moods tag in the extended tag property in mp3tag but they don't appear to have been updated?
Am I looking in the right place?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists: Music Bit Depth=24?0