Naming a TV Season?
I am working on adding my collection of boxing to my library. I used Ember to create .nfo for a generic show "Boxing". Easy to get all the art work assigned and initially I was just going to set it up as 1 season and organize the fights by date. The issue with this is I don't think (please correct me if I am wrong) I can get the fan art to change by episode but only by season? So I was thinking of doing it by season instead. My question is if I do different season is it possible to name seasons? Or is the only option to have it list as Season 1, Season 2, etc... For Example in place of season 1 it could say Ward-Gatti Trilogy? Appreciate the help and if anyone has other tips/ideas for creating a custom section like this please let me know im a pretty big noob. I also have one for some college basketball games but that one works fine as just a flat 1 season with 1 set of art because it is all from 1 team.
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
I believe you're right about tv episode artwork. Perhaps custom movie sets might be a better idea. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Movie_sets

You could just add the xml code for the set to a movie NFO file. I don't use Ember but my guess is it can do this for you. If not it's fairly simple to do it manually.

As a movie set you would be able to have art for the set as well as each fight and still be able to use your own custom plot summaries and possibly cast and crew (boxer) photos.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yea I thought about doing a movie set. It is even easier than what I am messing with for TV. You are right you can do cast (can do it either way). I wanted it in TV for browsing purpose so figured I would mess with that first but probably going to look better as a set.

oh... actually might try making them movies as a set then linking the set to the show "boxing" ? Ill mess around with it and see.

Linking them actually works nicely. Only issue is if you link a "movie" to a show that has 0 episodes nothing shows up at all. The "tvshow" will appear in the list but when you go to it nothing shows up at all if there are 0 episodes. I wonder if there is a possible work around for that?
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming a TV Season?0