HELP!!! Installing XBMC shows no internet connection
Wink 
I just recently installed XBMC on my laptop but have not completely finished downloading everything properly. Now my question is where I am stuck is when I open XBMC and go under systems and under systems i go under file manager it opens a page that says ROOT A and ROOT B and under ROOT B I click on the xfinity file however a message pops up and says that i have no connection to the internet when I go. When I open netflix or google or facebook any other website it works and for whatever reason when I open XBMC it does not realize as if I am connected to the internet. I took a picture of the screen shot however seems [/size]like I cannot attach it to this post if someone knows how to fix this or give me advise please email me at [email protected]

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably because "xfinity" is a pile of garbage (and has nothing to do with us). Even if it wasn't garbage, we can't help you with it per our forum rules (wiki) on pirate video add-ons.
If you're on the file press c then you're able to delete it.
This would solve 1 part Tongue
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2014-01-10, 08:43)Ned Scott Wrote: Probably because "xfinity" is a pile of garbage (and has nothing to do with us). Even if it wasn't garbage, we can't help you with it per our forum rules (wiki) on pirate video add-ons.

Although it's third party software, it's not garbage because xbmc.org didn't make it.
That is just stupid.
(2014-01-10, 09:32)hstegeman Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 08:43)Ned Scott Wrote: Probably because "xfinity" is a pile of garbage (and has nothing to do with us). Even if it wasn't garbage, we can't help you with it per our forum rules (wiki) on pirate video add-ons.

Although it's third party software, it's not garbage because xbmc.org didn't make it.
That is just stupid.

You are correct sir. In fact, my most used add-ons aren't even in the official XBMC repository. However, that is not why I think the xfinity add-ons are garbage.

xfinity is the mikey1234 version of those add-ons that includes forced ads and tracks user activity without them knowing. Also, the video quality on most pirate video add-ons that are fueled by file locker sites is pretty crap, simply because of the average file transfer limitations on those servers (at least for free accounts). (real pirates download, arrrrrrr)

I have no issue with content outside of the xbmc.org community (it's hard to even say that the community is even divided so cleanly, since there's overlap in places you might not expect). I have no personal issue with people pirating videos. My opinion is based on the actual content.
It is not garbage because we did not make it.

It is garbage because it has been constructed as a piece of warm shit. We hate it because it confuses people to think xbmc is this piece of crap.
(2014-01-10, 09:39)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 09:32)hstegeman Wrote:

That is just stupid.

You are correct sir. In fact, my most used add-ons aren't even in the official XBMC repository. However, that is not why I think the xfinity add-ons are garbage.

xfinity is the mikey1234 version of those add-ons that includes forced ads and tracks user activity without them knowing. Also, the video quality on most pirate video add-ons that are fueled by file locker sites is pretty crap, simply because of the average file transfer limitations on those servers (at least for free accounts). (real pirates download, arrrrrrr)

I have no issue with content outside of the xbmc.org community (it's hard to even say that the community is even divided so cleanly, since there's overlap in places you might not expect). I have no personal issue with people pirating videos. My opinion is based on the actual content.

This is just a joke. I bet you didn't even test the software. To speak of software that you don't use and know is not done.
Which ads? They are removed. Tracking software, do you have proof, I don't think so.
It's so easy to blame everything and everyone that you don't know, or don't wanna know.
(2014-01-10, 10:04)hstegeman Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 09:39)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 09:32)hstegeman Wrote: Although it's third party software, it's not garbage because xbmc.org didn't make it.
That is just stupid.

This is just a joke. I bet you didn't even test the software. To speak of software that you don't use and know is not done.
Which ads? They are removed. Tracking software, do you have proof, I don't think so.
It's so easy to blame everything and everyone that you don't know, or don't wanna know.

Pull up a chair, son.

Well, it's good if they removed the ads, but the google analytics tracking was well known about even on the forums here.

No, it's not a joke. I thought you were simply mistaken about me, which is reasonable, so I gave an honest answer. I've looked at it myself, and I know the bullshit that mikey1234 pulls with add-ons in repos he controls (that's why he got banned form xbmc.org, after all). For some reason you think I'm just some idiot who made a bunch of assumptions, but you couldn't be further from the truth. I know personally, with zero doubt in my mind, that any add-on or repo that mikey1234 touches should not be trusted (and that the video quality of those add-ons are horrible. Did I mention that? Pretty sure I mentioned that). I know what he's done in the past, the bridges that he's burned, and the trust that was lost in him. I know the petty little details about the dispute between him and HUB, the fall out, and more.

Hijacking people's repos and force uninstalling add-ons he didn't like, installing things without users knowing, tracking users and not telling them, did you not know about any of that?

You have the nerve to suggest that I don't understand the situation here, or that I haven't seen the add-ons with my own eyes, let alone all the stupid drama around it.

If he's learned from that and improved since then, good for him, but trust is not so easily regained. Even if he did, it still doesn't address the poor quality that the average video files have, due to the bandwidth limits of the file locker sites. There are versions of these add-ons from other repos that have nothing to do with his group, and they're still garbage.
If someone did stupid things in the past, you can't hold it against that person forever.
I really like the new direction they are going.
I predict that istream will be the best third party addon / program in 2014 for xbmc.
We are not talking about 'stupid things'. We are talking about multiple intentional malicious acts that wreaked havoc on the XBMC community, and caused lots of user unrest.
I'll also make a prediction: I predict that this guy will betray the trust you put in him as he has done many times in the past.

Now we will wait which prediction rings true.
We will see, it is always good to have goals for the new year.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP!!! Installing XBMC shows no internet connection0