Android Buffer size setting on XBMC Frodo 12.2
Ok this is a simple question I just can't seem to get an answer for. I have a MX2 Streambox Android TV device (the round shaped one). I understand the internal SD card sets 'X' amount of memory for buffering video in XBMC which I'm not exactly sure of. I know it buffers around 5% - 10% before it stops and won't buffer any more of the movie until playback is resumed where it will continue to pre buffer the 5% - 10%.

I have installed Xunity's '0' cache file which I assumed would let me buffer externally to my16gb usb stick but this doesn't seem to be happening.

I understand it only uses a certain amount of memory to buffer but how and where do I change this setting as it is causing me freezing and stutter issues, my internet connection is fine at 13MB a second dl speed.

I wondered if the '0' cache file isn't working because of the current version of XBMC I have installed = Frodo 12.2

Hopefully somebody can help me attain more buffer memory or extend it somehow and give me a much better viewing experience as I am slowly switching of the these Android TV devices.

Many thanks
Andy
It's probably not working because the more advanced buffering features require a nightly (wiki) or monthly (wiki) build that is fairly recent. I would download the most recent nightly build (wiki) of XBMC for Android, and use the "ARM" link on that page (since there are two versions for Android).

I'm guessing your cache file is something like what is described on this page, which should give you more details on how to use these buffering/cache features: HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki)
Hi Ned, thanks for getting back to me on this, sorry i've been a while replying, it was a bit of a hectic Saturday yesterday Smile. I presume that to overwrite the current version of Frodo with a nightly build, I just download the nightly build onto a USB stick and install it onto my Streambox using something like 'App' installer?

Also is there a preferred nightly build that would suit my requirements best (i.e I want to use my USB stick for external buffering or video caching, and possibly try and get the external Playerfactorycore.xml file working so I can play streams using alternative players like MX player etc. (I have already installed the Playerfactorycore.xml file into Frodo 12.2 with no joy).

The link that you posted with regards to 'how to modify the video cache' I have read this post and followed the instruction but for some reason I'm still only getting the 5% - 10% buffer before it stops and requires the film to be continued before starting to buffer again. I have a funny feeling it is something to do with Frodo 12.2 (seems to be the worst version for custom modifications from what I can gather).

Many thanks
Andy
I'd get the most recent nightly build, and yes to all the other questions (It will install right over the existing one, app installer will work, et)
Hi Ned, I tried upgrading to the stable version of Frodo 12.3 using the app installer and I am getting something along the lines of X application installation error which I have worked out means the Key generated in my version of XBMC Frodo 12.2 is different to the one from the XBMC team, a) is there a work around for this apart from having to uninstall the whole lot and start with XBMC teams version b) are there any nightly builds which are dedicated upgrades of XBMC Frodo 12.2 as I find the XBMC Build data base very difficult to navigate and find out which build is for which version etc......or will they all have the same app Key as the upgrade (Frodo 12.3) I tried to install, If so it might be a case of starting again Sad......Oh the pain!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffer size setting on XBMC Frodo 12.20