Don't overwite custom covers with internet lookup
this has already been addressed in the support forum, but they say it can't be done, so i guess it now falls to a features suggestion, but i think it would be nice to be able to make xbmc not use imdb cover art, and use the custom user supplied art instead.

the system already does this for file browsing, but i like many make my own custom box art for each movie i encode, and when we database the movies in the collection the imdb art comes in and is often the wrong art file, no art file, or a really old, poor aspect ratio poster. they are rarely uniform, so it leads to a dirty look in the movie section. i want to be able to use the custom icon (.tbn files) i make for my movies in the database rather than the junk that xbmc is able to find on imdb if it can find it at all.

i only see imdb cover art when i'm searching the database (i.e. search by actor, year, title, genre) when i am browsing the files the artwork is just right.

the long way to accomplish this is to find the thumb that it downloads into the cache, and replace it with the one you want, but that is a ton of work for nothing because of upgrading.

there is already a "use custom icons on remote shares" option in the settings, could there be some way of opting to use custom icons in database? all the system would have to do is parse availible art .tbn files at the time of the scan if the option has been chosen in the settings. the system already parses availiable .nfo files, so why not just add the .tbn files at point when the imdb art files are sought and downloaded?

i think what set's xbmc appart is it's versitility, great program.

thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't overwite custom covers with internet lookup0