Create an icon from a path and not only from a program or add-on
hi there

I am happy with Confluence and like the feature to add an Icon at the bottom to shortcut to a program or add-on.

Can an icon be created as a shortcut for video paths as well?

Currently I use the icon settings for programs and add-on and I use the favourites for the paths (creating a thumb)

Ideally I would love to use the bottom icons for all (Even if limited to 5 or 7)
You mean like this thread
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Thanks I Googled for ages and did not find anything close.

The Icon from favourites is fine for me so I tried to install the script.favourites but must be doing something wrong.

I go to settings add-ons and select install from zip file. I go to the location and select the file and nothing happens.

What am I missing?
Thanks for the help. I used a combination of things in the end. I used the modified version in your thread but ended up using it as a completely renamed skin by merging it into a copy of the existing confluence. Took the copy and added it to the /storage/.xbmc/addons directory and then just selected it from the appearance settings area.

I struggled with the read only directory for the existing confluence so had to create another and also could not get a straight install from Zip on the confluence mod file.
Cool! - Next time or for others getting stuck.

Make sure you understand the difference between the default skin installed into your XBMC install directory (no write permissions) and the user directory for any extra addons you may install

1/ Make yourself a new skin directory in the user directory xbmc/addons folder eg: skin.my.confluence
2/ Copy everything from the original Confluence folder which is in the addons folder of the XBMC install directory.
3/ Copy the mod zip contents into your new skin - Make sure 720p contents go into the 720p folder etc
4/ edit the "addon.xml" in the root directory of your new skin to reflect your changes (Use something like notepad++ not windows notepad)

Code:
id="skin.confluence"   Change to    eg:  id="skin.my.confluence" use the directory name
version="2.2.6"  
name="Confluence"  Change to    eg:   name="My Confluence" something to differentiate from default Confluence
provider-name="Jezz_X, Team XBMC">   add your name in if you want - you've made changes

5/ download and install as zip option script.favourites You will not see anything new as this is normally installed quietly by skins using it. (If you can then add favourites - it's working)

Post Edited to add in addon.xml info
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create an icon from a path and not only from a program or add-on0