• 10(current)
The best Android XBMC / Kodi boxes
i would go for this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3KE...PHHGJK3RN2
At this point, I'd wait for official Android TV boxes from Google, due out before year's end.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-09-03, 18:32)hdmkv Wrote: At this point, I'd wait for official Android TV boxes from Google, due out before year's end.

Do you think they'll be more open than the FireTV? ie Unlockable like a Nexus device?
http://www.cloudmedia.com/openhour/
(2014-09-03, 22:26)bunglebungle Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 18:32)hdmkv Wrote: At this point, I'd wait for official Android TV boxes from Google, due out before year's end.

Do you think they'll be more open than the FireTV? ie Unlockable like a Nexus device?
Yes. Also, unlike OpenHour and the many Android boxes on the market today, we're likely to get a better Netflix experience (if that matters) and better UI (from the screenshots/demos we've already seen from Google's I/O earlier this summer).
My HT
The key thing about Android TV is that it should finally bring apps optimised for remotes and the so called 10ft lean back experienced.

At present the Android boxes that are available are mostly crap for usage with a remote hence all the air mice included with them are optimised for touch on a phone or tablet. If the current boxes on market can't be upgraded to Android L (on which Android TV is based) then it's likely any apps updated for remote usage won't be compatible with KitKat or lower versions of Android, as the SDK design framework for TV apps is new for Android L.
Yeah, the current Android app experience is very poor and with AndroidTV around the corner I would not be launching any box that is still using tablet android. The experience might be different in China where Google app system has no foothold even though they use Android OS maybe Chinese devs take into account the large Android STB market there but in the west it's totally different and few tablet apps work well on TV.

The Cloud Media people are the Popcornhour guys, they probably would do a good job with the hardware and remote and such, might be more appealing if they say hey this can run Openelec or something along those lines.
Are there any confirmed x.265 Android boxes yet which are priced sensibly / on ebay?
Is there a particular chipset to look out for ? Thanks
Check for RK3288 chipset based boxes
First box using Amlogic S812? Expected release Oct 31

http://www.xtreamer.net/Wonder/index.html
(2014-10-05, 23:14)Gnome Sane Wrote: First box using Amlogic S812? Expected release Oct 31

http://www.xtreamer.net/Wonder/index.html
I did not see 3D option on those boxes...
Xtreamer = stay away. Trust me, past experience. Other than gigabit LAN, the S812-H looks almost exactly as S802-H. I ordered a Probox2 EX today to play with; hopefully won't be a waste of money. I feel like these Android boxes are getting there, but not quite in terms of being a dedicated home theater and all-in-one box (hd audio, full 3D, apps, games).
My HT
Yes, i just notice that they are out of Hong Kong and they will ship from there,also reading the warranty and returns is a pain in the b*t... So i guess will stay away from them for now.

Still trying to figure out witch chipset is better from the 2: "RK3288 chipset and Amlogic S812-H chipset?" i guess they are the latest?

As for "Probox2 EX" i have look in the specs and i still don't see the 3D or Camera options.

I may have to wait and see what will happen to the new Google ADT-1 when it comes out, there is no date as of right now, i heard that,it will perform better than
any other boxes.

Thanks.
I've been following info on these boxes for a while now. Been thinking of getting one. There is a guy on YouTube I've subscribed to called somecooltech. I like his reviews of these boxes. You guys should check him out. I'm surprised some of the latest boxes he's reviewed support 4K. When I do make a purchase i'm doing so through ncix. They have a good return policy and my brother and I have bought computer components from them for years. Unfortunate they only carry limited android boxes.

Wow, first post..
Btw, been using xbmc for about a year now. Love it. Kudos to all the developers.
Anyone see or purchase the Uyesee G1H , Q8 , or Tronfy Ubox . They all have similar specs with the RK3288 and Mali T764. I was eyeballing them for video game streaming. I'm looking for suggestions if anyone has any.

Any suggestions on hardware for a android tv box in which you want to stream limelight video game streams to your TV. Would the android tv box be the limiting step as far performance, stuttering, FPS, etc?

From what I've read it looks like android TV is limited with their apps. Is that correct?

The FunBox looks pretty cool too, anyone have any experience with it?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The best Android XBMC / Kodi boxes2