Add a song as "Next to play"?
Hello,

let's say I have a huge playlist I don't want to dismiss, but only want to add song X as the next song to play. Once the song is played, I'd like the playlist to resume where it was. Is that possible? I can't find that option.

Thank you!
mmm Am I being stupip or not understanding? Press ok adds whatever song you click on - to a already existing ongoing playlist without stopping it.
He'd like to add it to be played immediately next in the playlist not to the end of the playlist
(2014-01-10, 23:29)drivesoslow Wrote: He'd like to add it to be played immediately next in the playlist not to the end of the playlist

exactly!
Yatse does it. If you are able to use yatse.
(2014-01-11, 01:03)Jmhthefirst Wrote: Yatse does it. If you are able to use yatse.

Nope, no smart phone over here Smile But I guess yatse use something available through XBMC no?
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Is there away to do what the OP asked without using Yates?
Thread moved to the music support section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-07, 03:37)elee532 Wrote: Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Is there away to do what the OP asked without using Yatse?

Currently no, there is no way from Kodi GUI to insert a single song as the next one in the middle of a playlist. You can add items to the end of the queue but not interupt it without stopping the play back.
Are sure Dave? I don't use playlists, but I recall being able to do something like this in Party Mode, not used Party Mode for a while so memory could be playing tricks.
Well Jeff, I don't see anyway in the code to do an insert into the current playlist, but happy for someone to prove me wrong. Take that as a challenge if you like Smile
Maybe a context menu add-on could do this? It sounds like it would need a little python so that it could edit the current playlist and put the new song in the right spot?
If you have an iOS device (iPhone/iPad etc) the Kodi Music Remote app does this (and more). There is a free and paid version:

http://kodimusicremote.com
Summarizing, currently kodi when you select "Queue item" from the context menu does:

- No party mode: enqueue the element at the end of the playlist
- Party mode: enqueue the element after the current playing item

My suggestion would be to not doing different things with "Queue item" command based on context, but add another contextual menu option called "Queue after current" and let "Queue item" to enqueue always at the end of the playlist. (@HomerJau: like the official remote app for iOS)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add a song as "Next to play"?1