Thumbnail doesn't show if one movie per folder
I am using Frodo and am having a problem where some thumbnails are not showing up.

I have this structure:

/Movies
(files in the Movies folder)
movie1.mkv
movie2.mkv

(Some DVD rips - each in its own folder under Movies)
/Movies/Movie3/AUDIO_TS
/Movies/Movie3/VIDEO_TS

(If there are subtitles, each movie in its own folder under Movies)

/Movies/Movie4/movie4.mkv
/Movies/Movie4/movie4.srt

All the thumbnails for types 1 and 2 appear, but for type 3 (where I have an mkv and srt file in their own folder) I don't see a thumbnail.

If I am in 'Files' mode, when I navigate into the Movie4 folder, for example, I see the thumbnail. But, of course, I'd like to see all the thumbnails as I browse the Movies (top-most) folder.

Any suggestions?
I am not 100% about your directory structure (it may or may not work, I simply don't know)... my directory structure is
/Movies
/Movies/Movie1/movie1.mkv
/Movies/Movie2/movie2.mkv

But you have to add the folder to your library Files > Add Source... pick the //Movies folder, then you have to tell it that it contains "Movies" and it will scrape all the info for you... then on Home screen, when you go to movies, it will show all the thuimbnails artwork, etc.
How are you naming your artwork? For types 1 and 2 I'd suggest filename-poster.jpg (where filename is the name of the movie eg movie1.mkv, movie1-poster.jpg). For types 3 & 4, just poster.jpg should be sufficient.

Replace poster with fanart for backdrops.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-01-12, 07:38)MilhouseVH Wrote: How are you naming your artwork? For types 1 and 2 I'd suggest filename-poster.jpg (where filename is the name of the movie eg movie1.mkv, movie1-poster.jpg). For types 3 & 4, just poster.jpg should be sufficient.

Replace poster with fanart for backdrops.

I don't have any artwork in of itself. I am just seeing the thumbnails that XBMC universal movie scraper is showing me. Frankly, I am not sure where it even stores them.

It just seems strange that if the folder has DVD ripped files I see the thumbnails, but if it simply has an .mkv file, I don't.

(2014-01-12, 03:11)hernandito Wrote: I am not 100% about your directory structure (it may or may not work, I simply don't know)... my directory structure is
/Movies
/Movies/Movie1/movie1.mkv
/Movies/Movie2/movie2.mkv

But you have to add the folder to your library Files > Add Source... pick the //Movies folder, then you have to tell it that it contains "Movies" and it will scrape all the info for you... then on Home screen, when you go to movies, it will show all the thuimbnails artwork, etc.

I was trying to avoid having to create a folder for every movie. I only created folders where there were multiple files for the movie: 1) dvd rip or 2) subtitles

If nothing else works, I will try your solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail doesn't show if one movie per folder0