Audio issues after a prolonged period of time
On first boot everything works great with frodo 12.3, after a unknown length of time. I have no audio and choppy playback. when i exit out of xbmc i can see my audio driver is disabled.

I have an onkyo receiver and an nvidia 7900gt. Connected with hdmi, running windows 7 64bit.

i have an error log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=108809

I have tried several different things i have read on the forums and not having any luck.

no realtek audio driver is installed. any thoughts on what i can do?
Weird, I can see (what I assume to be) the error in the log, but I can't see why it would just cut out after a length of time:
Code:
00:00:03 T:2532    INFO: CSoftAE::InternalOpenSink - sink incompatible, re-starting
00:00:03 T:2532    INFO: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: Could not locate the device named "{B760053B-3758-4BE3-88BF-77BB6CC6FFA1}" in the list of WASAPI endpoint devices.  Trying the default device...
00:00:03 T:2532   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: Could not retrieve the default WASAPI audio endpoint. - (null)
00:00:03 T:2532   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.

Do you have the latest drivers for everything? Onkyo stuff sometimes doesn't handshake well with EDID, but it seems an EDID override shouldn't be necessary if everything's playing back fine already. I guess you could always just try with a nightly in portable mode and see if that works?

Edit: I suppose an obligatory nod to the audio thread is in order.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
Reading StartCodon's comments and the log snippet he/she extracted triggered a couple of thoughts. Specifically, the snippet would seem to indicate that the endpoint device disappeared. For example, maybe it was turned off or put to sleep.

Do you think it might be a power saving thing happening to your PC? I know that some laptops had issues with some PCI express link state power management setting screwing with things, from what I recall. You could create a custom power plan and use the advanced settings to ensure all the power saving stuff is off, and the PC is running at "full power".

If you do this, be careful when creating a new one if you copy from an existing. Even the High Performance built in power scheme has some manner of power saving settings enabled. Thus why I mention also editing via the advanced option link.

I have an NVidia GPU on my Atom powered HTPC connected to my AVR (see sig), and I had weird issues with loosing audio. Not quite the same as you, as I never lost it while playing. But it happened just around the time when I upgraded to new video drivers (which included new HDMI audio driver stuff). I when back to the previous driver and didn't have problems. I've upgraded to newer drivers since then and not noticed the same issues.

Might be worth a try to upgrade the video to a newer, stable, released driver.

Good luck.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2014-01-11, 16:51)Jogee Wrote: Reading StartCodon's comments and the log snippet he/she extracted triggered a couple of thoughts. Specifically, the snippet would seem to indicate that the endpoint device disappeared. For example, maybe it was turned off or put to sleep.

Do you think it might be a power saving thing happening to your PC? I know that some laptops had issues with some PCI express link state power management setting screwing with things, from what I recall. You could create a custom power plan and use the advanced settings to ensure all the power saving stuff is off, and the PC is running at "full power".

If you do this, be careful when creating a new one if you copy from an existing. Even the High Performance built in power scheme has some manner of power saving settings enabled. Thus why I mention also editing via the advanced option link.

I have an NVidia GPU on my Atom powered HTPC connected to my AVR (see sig), and I had weird issues with loosing audio. Not quite the same as you, as I never lost it while playing. But it happened just around the time when I upgraded to new video drivers (which included new HDMI audio driver stuff). I when back to the previous driver and didn't have problems. I've upgraded to newer drivers since then and not noticed the same issues.

Might be worth a try to upgrade the video to a newer, stable, released driver.

thanks for some info guys. To be clear, i never lose audio while a movie is playing. I Notice the issue will pop up when i switch from dish to media center (hdmi switching on onkyo) It doesnt happen everytime, sometimes i can go 3 days with no problems, other times 4 hours.

My power scheme is set to pull power. I have had this issue with all version of xbmc and every nvidia driver i have tried.

If i need new hardware (avr or video card) so be it. I would like to narrow it down before spending money. I am going to try to bypass the avr and just connect straight to the panasonic plasma with hdmi and see if i can re create the issue.

I do appreciate the help guys.

Good luck.
I believe I found the exact solution to this problem last night, it's been plaguing me for a hell of a long time.
Mine is different, in that I get NO audio whatsoever if I turn my amp and television off, once I turn them back on, the HTPC with an nvidia card can not output audio anymore.

Here's your answer.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1482693/workar...ff-then-on
(Long story short, you need to make a batch file on your desktop, which runs a very small program called "devcon" - it will disable and then re-enable your video card which will re-handshake the HDMI / HDCP stuff and fix the audio stream)

I hope this helps you because it helped me significantly, I was sick of rebooting my HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio issues after a prolonged period of time0