StepForward/BigStepForward and onPlayBackSeek
Hi,
I'm developing plugin to playback some online video sources and that remote server doesn't support seek commands. To perform seek I have to reissue url with new start/shift parameters. In order to accomplish that I created service script to catch onPlayBackSeek event. And it works fine beside one thing. I cannot find a difference between StepForward and BigStepForward buttons.As you know, one of them move stream 30 sec and other 10 min ahead. onPlayBackSeek provides seekOffset. But it never gives me something close to 30 or 10 minutes. It always gives numbers, which it could move based on a filled stream buffer value. If buffer has data for extra 5 seconds to play it gives me value close to 5000 and never 30000 or 600000. So, how can I get which button led to this particular event?

Another related question. On any pressed step forward button player tries to actually perform a seek command, then it gets error back, because server doesn't support that and only after that calls that event function. Can I catch that button press before player calls a seek? It'd help to speed up whole process and avoid unnecessary errors.
Seems like you could get a reference to the current window and use onAction() to catch and respond to the desired action: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...w-onAction
I see bunch of examples for how to create your own window and dialog and use onAction to catch events but how do I get reference to current window during playback? Any clue? Thanks
Looks like
Code:
win = xbmcgui.Window(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId())

is what I need but I have to try it first in real code.
That should work, but remember to check that you're at the window you think you're at before overriding actions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
StepForward/BigStepForward and onPlayBackSeek0