Release - Sonos Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
michaeldecharon Offline
Dear Rob,

Awesome job for so far! What I'm looking for is to use the sonos addon behave like the normal music player.

Just browse through your music library in xbmc and when you select a music number, it plays on your preselected sonosplayer showing the now playing feed at the homescreen.
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
(2014-01-28 21:15)michaeldecharon Wrote:  Dear Rob,

Awesome job for so far! What I'm looking for is to use the sonos addon behave like the normal music player.

Just browse through your music library in xbmc and when you select a music number, it plays on your preselected sonosplayer showing the now playing feed at the homescreen.

Thanks for the feedback.

At the moment it's looking like a bit of a "stand alone controller" where you run it as a program and it then displays an interface (which I am hoping eventually) will look similar to the official Sonos iPad/Windows application.

Obviously, there is also the notification dialog.

I'm also hoping to add more "information" on artists while things are playing.

In theory I imaging there would be the possibility of intergrating with XBMC - so you go via the music menu, but I think to do that the addon would be created as a "plugin" - and this one is created as a "script" - I'm not sure if one addon can be both a plugin AND a script.

Rob
find quote
impmonkey Offline
(2014-01-28 17:21)rob_webset Wrote:  
(2014-01-28 05:43)impmonkey Wrote:  Awesome work so far. Is there any chance you could get a now playing screen? It would be great for social gatherings. I could have the sonos system playing and the now playing screen up on the tv for people that are interested about the song etc.

I am currently working on changes to the controller. When that is done, you could start the controller up and leave it on the screen. Part of the controller will display the album art, track, album and artist.

Is this the sort of thing that you are looking for?

Rob

That would be awesome!
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Hi All,

Version 1.0.2 has now been published.

The main feature is the new Sonos controller.

Please let me know how you get on

Rob
find quote
marct Offline
Donor
Hi,

im using Sonos to listen to LiveTv/Xbmc via Line in.

Is there a way to stream the audio signal from XBMC and to play this stream with SonosController? So in that way you dont need a Line in.

Gretting Marc
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
(2014-02-03 17:28)marct Wrote:  Hi,

im using Sonos to listen to LiveTv/Xbmc via Line in.

Is there a way to stream the audio signal from XBMC and to play this stream with SonosController? So in that way you dont need a Line in.

Gretting Marc

It would need to be a supported format on the Sonos Speaker, which would not include videos

Rob
find quote
hefla Offline
Really love that a plugin for Sonos finally has been made!

I would really love if I could press "play", "pause", "Previous" and "Next" with my remote, without having to open the add-on. Could this be possible?

Tried a bit, but my skills are lacking... Managed to open the plugin with this command in my keymap.xml:

<remotebutton>XBMC.RunScript(/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.sonos/default.py)</remotebutton> (using openelec)

But I have not managed to choose any of the functions like play, pause etc directly with the remote.

Do you think that this could be coded in the addon, or is it maybe possible with a command in the keymap.xml?
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Hi Helfa,

Thank you very much for your support!! Big Grin

Using the remote control when the controller dialog is up is something I would ideally like to support, but have struggled to find a way to do this at the moment, I have posted a question to the forum:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=186135

So hopefully some-one will be able to give me some pointers.

Thanks

Rob
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Hi All,

I have just requested a publish of a new Sonos version (1.0.3).

This will add basic support as a plugin. So you can now browse the tracks/albums available and add them to the playlist, there are a few options on the context menu (like "add to queue", "Replace Queue" etc).

You can also vew the "Current Sonos Play Queue" and clear/remove from it.

Obviously still not fully featured - but hopefully this will get it a bit closer.

I have looked at remote control support, I have added some support, however there is a problem with remote commands also being picked up by XBMC, so things like volume up will increase the volume on the Sonos AND XBMC. Not sure how to resolve that one at the moment.

Please give it a try when it's published on the official repo and let me know what you think.

Thanks

Rob
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Just noticed that when you select an item from the music library, it doesn't play, at the moment you will need to bring up the context menu and play from there.

Will fix it in the next release.

Rob
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Hi All,

I have just published a new version (1.0.4) that fixes the plugin primary selection bug detailed in the previous post.

I have also added a "Radio Selection" to the plugin that lists the Radio channels that you have in your "My Radio Stations" list.

Obviously I only want to spend time working on features that people are going to use, so I'm now viewing this addon as "Out of early Development" - by this I mean that I am happy to add things that people would like (if possible). But unless people suggest them, I don't intend to add them.

So if you find a bug, of would like an addition/change/enhancement - then please feel free to post to the thread.

It would also be good to hear how people that are using it are getting on in general.

Thanks

Rob
find quote
awilliam Offline
This is a fantastic add-on! I have a couple questions though:

1. Is there anyway I can get XBMC to play the song simultaneously along with my Sonos Speaker?
2. Is it possible to send to multiple Sonos Speakers to play simultaneously?
3. When I send a song from XBMC and it finishes on my sonos, the next song starts playing from XBMC instead of the speaker? Am I doing something wrong? How to you queue an entire album?

Again, great work on this. It's really nice to be able to integrate the two systems finally.
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
(2014-03-15 20:21)awilliam Wrote:  This is a fantastic add-on! I have a couple questions though:

1. Is there anyway I can get XBMC to play the song simultaneously along with my Sonos Speaker?

I think trying to sync the audio would be nearly impossible!

(2014-03-15 20:21)awilliam Wrote:  2. Is it possible to send to multiple Sonos Speakers to play simultaneously?

There is currently only support for a single speaker - I only have a single Sonos speaker at the moment - so that is all I can test/play about with Sad

(2014-03-15 20:21)awilliam Wrote:  3. When I send a song from XBMC and it finishes on my sonos, the next song starts playing from XBMC instead of the speaker? Am I doing something wrong? How to you queue an entire album?

Again, great work on this. It's really nice to be able to integrate the two systems finally.

Have you tried the plugin option - Music->Addons->Sonos and call up the context menu and send to queue?

Please let me know how you get on - with no posts after my last update I was starting to wonder if anyone used it! (VideoExtras and TvTunes forums are a lot busier at the moment!)

Thanks

Rob
find quote
michaeldecharon Offline
Rob you're using the queue for playing songs selected in xbmc.

Rather than the queue can you make ik possible to use a different player than the internal player?

So when playing a musicnumber from your library it starts playing from your sonos
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
(2014-03-16 12:47)michaeldecharon Wrote:  Rob you're using the queue for playing songs selected in xbmc.

Rather than the queue can you make ik possible to use a different player than the internal player?

So when playing a musicnumber from your library it starts playing from your sonos

My testing shows, if you go to the sonos addon/plugin and add an item to the queue - it will add it to the Sonos queue - not he XBMC one.

It is not currently possible to add something in the Sonos library to the XBMC queue.

Please can you check again and clarify.

Thanks

Rob
find quote