Release - Sonos Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Marck Offline
First a big, thanks, for this great add-on.

I tested the "pause" functionality when playback is started of XBMC media. But in my case I saw an error message, script failed, and of course, Sonos was not muted.

Maybe it's related to the group of Sonos devices I have, two Connect-amps. So in my case, not a device should be paused but the group.

If it's not caused by the group, it would still be helpful to control a group of devices with this add-on. Otherwise e.g music stops playing in the livingroom, but keeps on playing in the dining room.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=270958
find quote
rob_webset Online
Fan
Hi Marck,

Thanks for the kind words.

If you are getting a script error, then it's definately a bug - I'll have a look to see if there is anything I can do to handle the error better - the logs you have provided are very useful.

It is hard for me to test anything that involves more than one Sonos speaker as I only have a single Play:1 - so can't test groups etc until I buy another one.

Can I request you try entering the IP address of the other Sonos Amp in your group to see if this helps - it may be the case that one is seen as "primary" - and it may work in that case (but this is just a guess)

Thanks

Rob
find quote
Marck Offline
Indeed, if I select the other device, the group is paused. Excellent, so issue is found!
find quote
rob_webset Online
Fan
(2014-08-18 00:32)Marck Wrote:  Indeed, if I select the other device, the group is paused. Excellent, so issue is found!

Thanks Marck, It's good that changing the source resolved the issue

Please can I ask a favour?

I have done a change which should:

1) Highlight the "Coordinators" in the Sonos Addon Settings when you click on search
2) Warn the user if they select a Sonos speaker that is not a coordinator

As I don't have multiple speakers I am unable to test this.

Please could you apply the following patch:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=467

And see if it looks OK on your system?

Thanks

Rob
find quote
Marck Offline
Dear Rob,

I have tested it with these 3 updated files, and it works as expected. Also a warning pops up, when you select the non-coordinator.

So, thank you very much for helping me out.

Rg
Marck
find quote