Release - Sonos Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Marck Offline
First a big, thanks, for this great add-on.

I tested the "pause" functionality when playback is started of XBMC media. But in my case I saw an error message, script failed, and of course, Sonos was not muted.

Maybe it's related to the group of Sonos devices I have, two Connect-amps. So in my case, not a device should be paused but the group.

If it's not caused by the group, it would still be helpful to control a group of devices with this add-on. Otherwise e.g music stops playing in the livingroom, but keeps on playing in the dining room.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=270958
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Hi Marck,

Thanks for the kind words.

If you are getting a script error, then it's definately a bug - I'll have a look to see if there is anything I can do to handle the error better - the logs you have provided are very useful.

It is hard for me to test anything that involves more than one Sonos speaker as I only have a single Play:1 - so can't test groups etc until I buy another one.

Can I request you try entering the IP address of the other Sonos Amp in your group to see if this helps - it may be the case that one is seen as "primary" - and it may work in that case (but this is just a guess)

Thanks

Rob
find quote
Marck Offline
Indeed, if I select the other device, the group is paused. Excellent, so issue is found!
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
(2014-08-18 00:32)Marck Wrote:  Indeed, if I select the other device, the group is paused. Excellent, so issue is found!

Thanks Marck, It's good that changing the source resolved the issue

Please can I ask a favour?

I have done a change which should:

1) Highlight the "Coordinators" in the Sonos Addon Settings when you click on search
2) Warn the user if they select a Sonos speaker that is not a coordinator

As I don't have multiple speakers I am unable to test this.

Please could you apply the following patch:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=467

And see if it looks OK on your system?

Thanks

Rob
find quote
Marck Offline
Dear Rob,

I have tested it with these 3 updated files, and it works as expected. Also a warning pops up, when you select the non-coordinator.

So, thank you very much for helping me out.

Rg
Marck
find quote
Gufgar Offline
Hi Rob,

Thanks for this great addon.
I really like the integration with the Artist Slideshow and the next track information.
It was also really simple to install and configure :-).

I would like to make a request for an alternative lay-out.
- the Artist Slideshow in full screen
- the controller with the current track and next track info at the bottom in the center ( somewhere on the place of the sonos logo now).

Thanks
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
(2014-08-24 12:39)Gufgar Wrote:  Hi Rob,

Thanks for this great addon.
I really like the integration with the Artist Slideshow and the next track information.
It was also really simple to install and configure :-).

I would like to make a request for an alternative lay-out.
- the Artist Slideshow in full screen
- the controller with the current track and next track info at the bottom in the center ( somewhere on the place of the sonos logo now).

Thanks

Hi Gufgar,

Thank you for your feedback - it's good to know that people are using it! Big Grin

I have added an additional screen option (I hope it is what you were looking for), if you wanted to try it out before the next publish, then the change is the following one:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=479

Thanks

Rob
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Hi All,

I have just requested a publish of the latest v1.1 release, this includes:

Code:
v1.1.0
- Prevent script error if Sonos detect fails
- Add additional Artist Slideshow with controller screen (No Bio or Albums)
- Add additional Artist Slideshow Only screen (no controller, bio or Albums)
- Update images to look more like the latest ipad controls
- Add support for viewing and playing Sonos Playlists

Thanks

Rob
(This post was last modified: 2014-08-25 19:45 by rob_webset.)
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Just to let people know, the screen that will just display the Artist Slideshow (without a controller on the screen) should actually still be able to accept commands from a remote control to play, pause etc.

I imagine this would work well if you wanted to have the slideshow running while the music is playing, and enable the "Notification service" in the settings so that it pops up the details of a track as it starts. But you will need to disable the setting "Do Not Display Notification If Controller Is Showing" in the settings to see the pop-up.

I'm in the middle of updating the Wiki page with some screen-shots etc, so should get full details there soon.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rob
find quote
Gufgar Offline
Hi Rob,

That was fast :-).
I will try it out this weekend (not @home right now), but I'll keep an eye on the wiki.

Thanks for the effort already.

Greetz

Gufgar
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Hi All,

It looks like v1.1 has now been published, so anyone with it installed should get an update pushed.

I have also updated the wiki with more information and some screen shots, hopefully it's a lot easier to understand what you are getting with the addon now and how to use it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Sonos

Enjoy!

Rob
find quote
underworld123 Offline
Is it possible for XBMC sounds to be played through SONOS (possibly through DLNA/UPnP)? That will be a killer. It is possible as the Airplay/DLNA receiver has that feature.
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
(Yesterday 17:38)underworld123 Wrote:  Is it possible for XBMC sounds to be played through SONOS (possibly through DLNA/UPnP)? That will be a killer. It is possible as the Airplay/DLNA receiver has that feature.

I think the sonos is quite restricted for the type of files it could play, so it would not be able to play any video files.

Rob
find quote
rbrohman Offline
(Yesterday 17:38)underworld123 Wrote:  Is it possible for XBMC sounds to be played through SONOS (possibly through DLNA/UPnP)? That will be a killer. It is possible as the Airplay/DLNA receiver has that feature.
You can set up sonos to play your music library directly, no need to pull it from the library into Xbmc then to sonos. Or are you talking about something else?
find quote
underworld123 Offline
(Yesterday 22:09)rbrohman Wrote:  
You can set up sonos to play your music library directly, no need to pull it from the library into Xbmc then to sonos. Or are you talking about something else?

I was thinking about something like Airsonos where the XBMC acts as a server and transmits sounds to Sonos from other sources that are not supported by Sonos (e.g., Airplay).
find quote