"recently added" for newest entrys of onlinemedia
Hi!

Here are my questions:

1. Is it possible to have more/own/different libraries for content from a directory of a plugin (f.e. the abonnements from the youtube-plugin) that is stored/cached local (not the videos, only the links/pictures)? Just like the library for my movies. So that i could make a recently added function to this entry in the homemenue.

2. If this is not possible. Can i get the recently added-feature anyhow else for a custom homemenue-entry linked to a directory of a plugin like youtube?

3. is it possible to search in different plugins from one place?

Here some (awesome?) thougths:

I have some generell questions with the possibilities for using addon-content in xbmc. i will write some background-thoughts for my „problem“. So for everyone who is not interested in reading all the stuff, your welcome to go straight to the questions at the end!

This might be a personal opinion/impression, but i think i`m not the only one out there with this kind of media-consumption-behavior. And regarding to the latest evolvements in smart-tv-plattform development (see http://bit.ly/1cTlIg6), not only xbmc is facing the new „media overflow“.

Since over 6 Years now i`m using xbmc on several machines (mostly on Atv) in a intense manner. I don`t have a settopbox or any Broadcasting connected to my (huge ;) TV. I ONLY consume Movies/Shows/Web content over xbmc. For local content stored on my NAS it`s working like a charm. For online-content it`s … mmh … working. Ok, it`s awesome, thats it is even possible on a TV. But i think, there is space for improvements or maybe a change for the overall system structure.

Ok, lets get to the point. xbmc made it possible to consume and view local media in a awesome new way. it was beautiful with multiple skins, correct movie covers, fan art and much more. plugins made it possible to extend this base with services and functions. but till today it strictly separates local and online media with a incredible less amount of possibilities for the online content.

i think its not necessary anymore to split this up. nowadays we have media from all over the internet and stored local. there is youtube, vimeo, uncountable moviesites, many media sites from broadcasting channels and and and. when i start xbmc i want to see whats new on my abonnements from youtube or which new HD-movies are on icefilms as we can see what is recently added to our local movie database. and this without hitting every plugin and looking by myself. i know that every site and service is handling its content in a different way, so there is still the need of individual plugins, but it should be possible to use databases like the movielibray where all infos are saved, refreshed and showed to me. in my case, i would sort my home menu in these categories and order:

Whats new
Here i get showed the latest videos from predefined sources like youtube, dokumonster, vimeo etc. maybe the 10 latest entry sorted by date. when i hit on the category itself, i get a subsite with all sources handled individual with its 10 entry, and so on

Movies online
the latest movies from defined sources like ice films, netflix etc in the same manner as whats new

Movies Lokal

Tv-shows online

and so on…

I hope i could make my point clear and i`m very interested to see what others think about this. if its already possible to do this and i only don`t know it, then tell me :)
Hello,

Your view makes absolute sense to me. I've been thinking about the exact same thing for some time now.

Right now, I trying to find a way to do it for Google Music albums.
One can browse Google Music library and play the albums using the plugin, but what makes sense for me is that when I add a new album to my Google Music Library, the album appears in the list of Recently Added Albums of KODI and when I go the Music Library I should see all my albums, local or from Google Music.

Overall, KODI (or it's skins, I'm not sure) need to change from a function oriented paradigm to a content oriented paradigm.
Just wanted to update this question after two years.
Not that much change and maybe there is some way to achieve this nowadays.

Sorry, for the post being so big Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"recently added" for newest entrys of onlinemedia1