Release XBMC Playback Resumer
13.0 Gotham (recent stable release). I just updated a few days ago though the issue was occurring before the update. Before that I was on a Gotham beta but can't remember the version. Whatever was packaged with OpenELEC v3.95.5.

What version are you running? Given my only use is movies in the car I have no care for the latest version, I just want it to work!

Thanks!
Reverted to OpenELEC 3.2.4 with Frodo and all seems to be working now. Not sure if a fresh install of 4.0 with Gotham would have fixed it as well, but for now I'll just stick with what is working.
Bug found, fixed, submitted as patch....etc Smile

Diff as follows...
Code:
--- trunk/script.service.playbackresumer/default.py
+++ trunk/script.service.playbackresumer/default.py
@@ -134,7 +134,10 @@
        return
    if libraryId < 0:
        log("Will not update XBMC native resume point because the file is not in the library: "+ currentPlayingFilePath)        
-        return;    
+        return;  
+  if (seconds == -2):
+    log("Will not update XBMC native resume point because the file was stopped normally")
+    return;
    if seconds < 0:
        seconds = 0#zero indicates to JSON-RPC to remove the bookmark
    log("Setting XBMC native resume point to "+("be removed" if seconds == 0 else str(seconds)+" seconds")+" for "+typeOfVideo +" id "+ str(libraryId))
@@ -328,7 +331,7 @@

def onPlayBackStopped( self ):
    log("Playback stopped")
-    updateResumePoint(-1)
+    updateResumePoint(-2)
    #autoplayrandomIfEnabled() #if user stopped video, they probably don't want a new random one to start

def onPlayBackSeek( self, time, seekOffset ):
Thanks, I've incorporated it.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Np

Quick thing though; you've got some indentation errors going on around line 137....
Just realized that after my boxes auto updated and it failed. I'll fix tomorrow if I have some free time
--done
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Hi All,

I added this addon following the below instructions

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_an_...a_zip_file

I am not sure if this is actually turned ON or not, though XBMC indicates the add-on is enabled, i am not sure if this script is actually getting invoked.

I am using the latest Kodi helix with openelec and the feature doesnt seem to work. It is not resuming from the point where there was a power down, instead resuming from the previously stored restore point.

Can you please confirm if this add-on is actually functional on Kodi Helix, if so how can see from the logs if this addon script is actually getting invoked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is this thread dead? temple I have the SAME problem. The add-on worked well the first time I installed it but after that it will say resume at 23:01 or whatever xx:xx but will start that movie up from the beginning. Still a great plugin but would be great if this bug could be fixed. I run 1.1.2 I think and Kodi 14.2. Thanks for whatever help you can offer! I too am using Rasperry pi openelec in my car. I used to use xmote to chose something everytime but this even broken will save me!
The link for the zip file seems to be dead ... how can I load this plugin for openelecHuh
No idea if it works, but I have uploaded the old version from the dead link to BitBucket

https://bitbucket.org/digiltd/script.ser.../downloads
I updated this for Leia - here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k427nigiw4l57d...r.zip?dl=0

I don't think this is in the main kodi repo??  I'm happy to take it over really...it's pretty simple.  Will try and get around to it but in the meantime, the above will get anyone still using this going...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
...code now in a github repo here: https://github.com/bossanova808/script.s...ackresumer

Will continue to tidy up & submit to Kodi master repo soon most likely.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
THANKS! Your work is most appreciated.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Submission is here - https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/1057 - they only accept new addons into the Leia repo (which this sort of is, as apparently it's never been in the main Kodi repo as far as I can see) - so you'd need to manually grab the older code from the repo for old Kodi versions if you want to keep using those. 

....will most likely create a new thread once it is accepted, just so I can more easily track any support stuff etc.
(2019-05-08, 04:21)bossanova808 Wrote: Submission is here - https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/1057 - they only accept new addons into the Leia repo (which this sort of is, as apparently it's never been in the main Kodi repo as far as I can see) - so you'd need to manually grab the older code from the repo for old Kodi versions if you want to keep using those. 

....will most likely create a new thread once it is accepted, just so I can more easily track any support stuff etc.

Have you created a new thread for your version?
I have questions about how to make it work with music player.

Thanks so much for doing this!!
Erik
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Playback Resumer0