• 22(current)
Release [service.subtitles.opensubtitles]
How does the open subtitles Kodi add-on parse the movie in order to search? I ask this because my movies are all renamed via the names on tmdb or IMDb. Therefore I have a tough time searching through subtitle options to find the correct one to match the particular release. I have started keeping the release name in a text or nfo with the movie. So my question is how does the search function of this add-on work? Does it search via the name of the video file? Via a name field stored within the video itself? Or does it search via an nfo or text file?
(2018-12-23, 07:34)snooker Wrote: How does the open subtitles Kodi add-on parse the movie in order to search? I ask this because my movies are all renamed via the names on tmdb or IMDb. Therefore I have a tough time searching through subtitle options to find the correct one to match the particular release. I have started keeping the release name in a text or nfo with the movie. So my question is how does the search function of this add-on work? Does it search via the name of the video file? Via a name field stored within the video itself? Or does it search via an nfo or text file?
 From what I have found, [service.subtitles.opensubtitles] seems to use the actual name of the file. I get my best results if file is a Blueray or DVD Rip as compared to a Web Download (WEB-DL), a Hand Cam recording (HDTC), or a TV Recording (HDTV) since video capturing start and end times rely on the person making the recording. If you do have captured videos, it is best to try to look for the exact file match in [service.subtitles.opensubtitles].

The *.nfo file can have the friendly name, and Kodi will display that instead of something cryptic.

Again, just what I have found to work for me.
I use a QNAP NAS with Kodi 18.6. I hae a VIP Opensubtitles Account.

Usually I downlaod subtitles in Kodi without a problem, it works for 6,7,8 subtitles but then suddently its not working anymore and all I get is an error like this in my log.
If I restart Kodi all works again. I cant say when this happens, sonetimes its days with no problems, sometimes its just 1 subtitle loads but the next already not.

I cant load the screenshot with the errormessages here. BUt you can check the errormessages here: https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Atta...-3434-JPG/
we are blocking VPN IPs sometimes, because they use our API in incorrect way. Always try to open in your browser, from same network http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc if it will load without CLOUD FLARE verification. If there is verification, IP was blocked.
(2020-05-08, 08:46)opensubtitles Wrote: we are blocking VPN IPs sometimes, because they use our API in incorrect way. Always try to open in your browser, from same network http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc if it will load without CLOUD FLARE verification. If there is verification, IP was blocked.
Hello, my first post!
I search a opportunity to get Dutch subtitles on NGC and Discovery. Can I find a addon for these?
Hey, new member here.

I am using the addon for a long time both on Windows 10 and Android 10 and there it works just fine.
Recently I bought a projector which has Android TV OS and everything works just fine except OpenSubtitles addon.
I constantly get the usual "Username or password is empty or not valid".

Here is what I tried:
- tried reinstalling Kodi for several times,
- rewrite the login, to make sure its correct,
- downloaded all the different versions of OpenSubtitles addon I found over internet and tried them one by one,
- I copied the working addon from my computer
- Made a second account on OpenSubtitles and tried to use that login

Every time I get the same error, no matter what I try. I literally spent hours browsing through different forums and trying everything I could think of.
I get the same error on my other devices from time to time, but either it fixes itself over time, or I fix it by one of the known workarounds.

I would be very grateful for any help Wink Thanks
Well I guess there is no support on this forum Smile

Anyways for anyone interested - suddenly Opensubs works on my projector. As I didn't change anything I suppose there was something wrong on the OpenSubs side.
(2020-12-09, 22:13)Max11 Wrote: Hey, new member here.

I am using the addon for a long time both on Windows 10 and Android 10 and there it works just fine.
Recently I bought a projector which has Android TV OS and everything works just fine except OpenSubtitles addon.

Here is what I tried:
- downloaded all the different versions of OpenSubtitles addon I found over internet and tried them one by one,

Every time I get the same error, no matter what I try. I literally spent hours browsing through different forums and trying everything I could think of.
I get the same error on my other devices from time to time, but either it fixes itself over time, or I fix it by one of the known workarounds.

same problem here.
Both the official and the one from the Kodi repo don't work with Matrix. Really stupid to not update the most popular subtitles addon.
(2020-12-20, 05:05)chchia Wrote:

Here is what I tried:

same problem here.
same problem here. BTW, on Matrix
(2021-03-05, 02:28)fede01_8 Wrote: Both the official and the one from the Kodi repo don't work with Matrix. Really stupid to not update the most popular subtitles addon.
Do you mean that the official KODI library has not updated the opensubtitiles, so it can't be used on the matrix? Recently, there is a prompt that usrname or password is empty or invalid?
(2021-05-08, 07:42)matthuo Wrote:
(2020-12-20, 05:05)chchia Wrote:

Here is what I tried:

same problem here.
same problem here. BTW, on Matrix
same problem 19.1,
strangely if you type the name manually, you found something! i.e. the error message of "password & username wrong" is misleading.
Kodi 20.4(Nexus) / FireTV 4K
(2020-05-08, 08:46)opensubtitles Wrote: we are blocking VPN IPs sometimes, because they use our API in incorrect way. Always try to open in your browser, from same network http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc if it will load without CLOUD FLARE verification. If there is verification, IP was blocked.

what is exactly this "http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc" doing for?
Kodi 20.4(Nexus) / FireTV 4K
(2021-05-08, 07:44)matthuo Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 02:28)fede01_8 Wrote: Both the official and the one from the Kodi repo don't work with Matrix. Really stupid to not update the most popular subtitles addon.
Do you mean that the official KODI library has not updated the opensubtitiles, so it can't be used on the matrix? Recently, there is a prompt that usrname or password is empty or invalid?

It's been fixed. Working fine now
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles]2