Solved Intel NUC htpc setup, IR, harmony remote
Great thread NUC-HTPC.

I'm running into one issue with Harmony One & NUC after following your setup.

I generally pause/restart video from OSD controls. (press OK to get to them) When I click Play on the OSD controls I used to just click Exit (or menu) which are both mapped to ESC to hide the "Now Playing" OSD controls. Normally the "Now Playing" OSD would go away (on old HTPC box).

On the NUC I'm getting a double click (button press) affect and end up on Home screen (TV Shows, Movies, Music) and I have to click on "Full Screen" to get rid of all menus.

I've played with Inter-key Delay setting on Harmony software but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

NUC: dn2820fykh
Remote: Harmony One
Bit of a NOOB question....but this walk through tutorial will work on the lesser NUC's right? Like the Celeron version and possibly the i3 version?

I'm leaning towards the NUC because of the IR built in Smile
(2015-01-28, 18:05)syncronized77 Wrote: Bit of a NOOB question....but this walk through tutorial will work on the lesser NUC's right? Like the Celeron version and possibly the i3 version?

I'm leaning towards the NUC because of the IR built in Smile

I'm using the dn2820fykh which is the Celeron version and it runs great...sans the minor Harmony One issue above.
Hi,
Worked through tutorial and all seems OK apart from one problem.
In Kodi I get a series of clicks when trying to navigate through menus.When I press a button it quickly goes from one menu to another without stopping on the desired one, oscillating between the two.After a while the clicks increase to a continuous noise and I am unable to exit.To stop I have had to use another keyboard with mouse conrtol to exit Kodi. Tried adjusting settings for button press speed in the Harmony software but no luck.
NUC Celeron, Kodi 14.2, Harmony 525.
Sometimes there has been a problem with the system thinking there is a joystick. Turn off joystick support.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Turned off joystick control in Kodi but problem still persists.
Do I need to look into the Harmony software?
Time for a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-03-23, 16:08)sfleck Wrote: i tried both Ubuntu and Mint 16 (Cinnamon) and could not get DTS-HD MA or TrueHD working through my Onkyo receiver (connected directly to the NUC with HDMI)
it works perfectly fine with OpenElec with either Beta 1 or Beta 2

I even tried updating the Linux kernel with beta1 ... no joy.

I have an Intel® NUC Kit D34010WYK and would really like to use Mint16 64-Bit Cinnamon.

Excellent tutorial by the way!!
Thanks!

edit: i should add, it will be primarily used for XBMC but i would also like to see the TrueHD or DTS-MA working within O/S as well as XBMC. Has anyone achieved this?

Exact same situation here, did you figure it out?
(2015-07-07, 11:48)coendeurloo Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 16:08)sfleck Wrote: i tried both Ubuntu and Mint 16 (Cinnamon) and could not get DTS-HD MA or TrueHD working through my Onkyo receiver (connected directly to the NUC with HDMI)
it works perfectly fine with OpenElec with either Beta 1 or Beta 2

I even tried updating the Linux kernel with beta1 ... no joy.

I have an Intel® NUC Kit D34010WYK and would really like to use Mint16 64-Bit Cinnamon.

Excellent tutorial by the way!!
Thanks!

edit: i should add, it will be primarily used for XBMC but i would also like to see the TrueHD or DTS-MA working within O/S as well as XBMC. Has anyone achieved this?

Exact same situation here, did you figure it out?

Have you ensured you aren't using PulseAudio and are using ALSA? AIUI PulseAudio doesn't support HD Audio bitstreaming, but ALSA does?

http://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio (Though the bit about DTS-HD decoding in Kodi is now out of date, as there are builds now around - particularly for the Raspberry Pi - which support Open Source DTS-HD lossless decoding)
(2015-05-12, 01:20)dixons Wrote: Turned off joystick control in Kodi but problem still persists.

Hello,

Did you ever figure out a solution of this problem? I have the same issues.

Thx
Bump - I still have not found a solution for this. I even tried using inputlirc and got the same result... repeated keypress emulations. It's not consistent repeats, but it happens enough to be really frustrating. I almost believe this is a Kodi bug, because I cannot duplicate the issue outside of Kodi. I see threads of other users experiencing the same issue, but no one knows what causes this?
(2015-09-13, 02:14)leejk Wrote:
(2015-05-12, 01:20)dixons Wrote: Turned off joystick control in Kodi but problem still persists.

Hello,

Thx
As I said to dixons, debug log (wiki)
Here is one I created earlier today: http://goo.gl/7F9gtC

Looking at the log it kinda looks like Kodi is seeing 2 commands, but I have no idea where the extra comes from.
(2015-09-13, 02:14)leejk Wrote:

Hello,

Thx

Gave up. Have tried to set up a sony PS3 using BT but having problems with key mapping and battery life.
Will have another go with the Harmony.
Using an iphone with kodi remote app which works well, but screen is to small and uses up the battery very quickly.
BT mouse also works, but you need a keyboard as well, so table is getting very cluttered.
Would recommend OpenElec if at all possible. I run a PS3 BT remote (second edition with integrated IR for TV and AVR control) with a Chromebox and OpenElec. Key mapping 'just works' and battery life is fine once you click the standby option (which puts the remote into standby when the Chromebox is shutdown I think). The standby power saving option for the remote is part of the OpenElec add-on - not sure if there is an equivalent in Ubuntu.

Also - if you are running an Intel x86 platform - look carefully at the VAAPI EGL testing branches (for both Ubuntu and OpenElec) over in the Linux forum. It offers significantly improved picture quality in many situations - and lower power consumption (i.e. quieter system) as it is more efficient than the current mainline stuff AIUI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC htpc setup, IR, harmony remote3