How/where do i report playback issues in xbmc?
hello --

sorry for the faq, but for the first time that i can remember, i have stumbled onto a high-bitrate mkv that doesn't play quite right in xbmc (windows), whilst it will play perfectly fine with the latest versions of either media player classic (home cinema edition) or vlc.
playback in xbmc (frodo 12.3) will periodically display some visual artifacts (pixelation in a band pattern). no visual artifacts with the two other players.

the file comes from a ripped & remuxed blu-ray, stored on my nas.
all my other files, that i'm aware of, play just fine in xbmc.
if this makes a difference, all discs were purchased in canada.

am running frodo 12.3 under windows 7 pro 32 bit.

a quick search did not show me where to post such a question, or even if it is a valid question. sorry if i just committed a no-no.

cheers.
You are in the right place as you're reporting a problem with the Windows version of XBMC Smile

From your description if I had to guess you've probably got DXVA2 hardware acceleration enabled, if so try disabling it.
@jjd-uk: finally had time to try your recommendation.
that seems to have fixed this issue.
not sure i understand what was happening before (or after, for that matter), could you shed light on the topic?

i am sure there is still hardware acceleration happening somewhere -- i am not convinced my htpc's cpu is powerful
enough to do all the required decoding without some form of assistance.
so what does this "dxva2 hardware acceleration" option do, in xbmc?

cheers.
Let me guess, vc1 codec?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr: no, x264 high profile, level 4.1;
are you saying xbmc has issues with vc1?
Let me guess ... Intel GPU?
@live4ever:
er, no. radeon hd 7730 (sapphire 1gig ddr5) paired with an athlon x2 5200 and 2gigs of ram.
Discrete AMD or Nvidia should work with DXVA and standard Blu-ray video if remuxed.

Maybe some setting in AMD’s CCC.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141057

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How/where do i report playback issues in xbmc?0