Linux VAAPI causes freeze on stop only on 12.3 - OpenSUSE and Arch
@alexktz: Sadly not. But the instructions should be doable.

As you both build for arch, enable: --enable-debug then we get line numbers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
This is a tail of debug log while play file and hang on stop

http://pastebin.com/APm5CcF5

@alexktz yes I have haswell.
@KRA77: Yours looks like another problem. Please upgrade your tree. The "device not found" was fixed yesterday and fernetmenta pushed it in. The logfile tells despite that absolutely nothing.

I need the threads that are running when this error occurs.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks fritsch, I just cloned and building now with debug enable.

btw, is it normal that I have to run export PYTHON_VERSION=2.7 before I can run ./configure (--enable-debug)
No. only if you run with --external-libraries which you should avoid, same for --external-ffmpeg
I just use default settings.

btw, done with compile and same error. How can I provide thread logs ?
(2014-01-18, 13:35)fritsch Wrote: Ah!

please also compile without --external-libraries. Can you post all your configure scripts?

Edit: in your log you play a youtube video, can you please play a local file?

Concerning gdb debugging:

start an xserver, ssh in and do:

export DISPLAY=:0
gdb /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
set logging on rausdamit.txt
run

Now when it hangs, do:
ctl c
thread apply all bt

press enter as long as output comes
now
quite

and post the rausdamit.txt

I installed gdb via pacman, then started an xterm then began the instructions.

Like this.
OK, when I run xbmc normal it works fine on first playback/stop, then crash on second.

When I run thought gdb all is fine.
(2014-01-18, 16:34)KRA77 Wrote: OK, when I run xbmc normal it works fine on first playback/stop, then crash on second.

When I run thought gdb all is fine.

Interesting. I can reproduce every single time without fail except when through GDB.
I cannot get it to fail when running through gdb. tried 20 times different files also.

normal, no problem to reproduce, but I think first run after starting xbmc seems fine at my end.

Edit first run ok is flawed, sometimes it freeze on first run also

If I play via samba or directly local makes no difference.
Anything else I can try Fristch? You've been amazingly helpful so far.
@alex are you using xf86-video-intel-2.99.907-2 ?
(2014-01-18, 16:59)KRA77 Wrote: @alex are you using xf86-video-intel-2.99.907-2 ?

I am now yes, but I've tried every version I could find on AUR as well including git and dev versions. My guess now is that it's specific vaapi behaviour to Haswell.
Sorry, I have no idea. Can you try that OpenELEC build: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...6bb.img.gz

gunzip it, and dd it onto an USB stick. The USB stick will be whiped completely. 2GB are enough. Be careful.
OpenELEC works fine! I tried that last night. It's running 12.2 though.

I'll try your build in a sec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI causes freeze on stop only on 12.3 - OpenSUSE and Arch0