MCE Remote power button turns on system but then immediately off again
hey guys - I'm having problems with my MCE remote (as well as Harmony 550). When I press the power button on the remote, the computer successfully goes to sleep. However, when I press the power button when it's sleeping, it does wake up - but then it immediately sleeps again. The only remote button that wakes the computer up is the power button, but then once it's awake, it seems as though it THEN "processes" the IR signal that was sent, and in this case that's the sleep/power button, so it goes back to sleep.

Any suggestions to get around this? If, instead, I press any key on my keyboard while it's in sleep mode, it wakes up fine with no issue (but I don't want to HAVE to keep the keyboard out everytime I want to wake up the HTPC)

I currently have a ASRock H81M-ITX motherboard set to sleep in S3 mode and wake from any USB event (mouse/keyboard key press), using built in hd4400 graphics, and I'm running XBMC on Win7 SP1

update: If, in the power settings, I set it so that the sleep and power button do nothing, it won't sleep when I press the sleep/power button (as expected), but when I press it to wake it up, it will wake up and stay awake
Sounds like you have two conflicting hardware/software systems trying to manage your IR.
I had similar issues between an internal generic MCE receiver and my SAT card (even with the sat card IR receiver disconnected). I ended up completely disconnecting the MCE receiver & just using the one from the SAT card.
hmmm, definitely won't be a competing receiver as I only have one.. thanks for the idea though!
Where you able to solve this? I'm having the same issue with a Harmony One.
(edited for correction)

No, I was never able to solve the problem directly (I got tired of spending time trying to fix it naively), so what I've done is to use eventghost to help me put it into sleep mode (since I've set the sleep/power button to do nothing). I then mapped a different remote button ("red" button) for eventghost to listen to and then will call a batch file I wrote to close WMC and XBMC and then go to sleep.

With the power/sleep button set to do nothing, when the computer is sleeping, pressing the power button on the remote will wake it up and then it stays awake (since the power button "does nothing" anymore). Then, to get it to sleep, eventghost will capture the "red" button press (but I named it "power off" on the harmony screen) to trigger that batch file and in the harmony settings for MCE remote I set it to also send the 'red button' signal when powering everything off.
Nifty workaround ;-) Does it work with Harmony activities? They should be able to switch the media center on and off as well. I gave up on making it work on Windows and went back to Linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote power button turns on system but then immediately off again0