This file is missing (only on Pi)
Hiya all.

So I'm struggling with both of my PI's. Nothing in my TV cartoons directory works. Whatever I select I get the file is missing and would I like to remove it from the directory.
If I navigate through Videos > Files I can play any Cartoon I like.

My setup is a Synology 4.3 with a MySQL database.
I have a Windows 8.1 NUC (12.3 Frodo), a Raspbmc and OpenELEC PI (12.2 Frodo).

I use the same advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml on all three machines.
I could only ever get sources.xml to work if I put the SMB password in the path. I tried a passwords.xml file and it never took.

Here's a dump of part of my sources.xml file. The password is different however I do use a $ symbol as my first character, the rest is alphanumeric.

Code:
<source>

<name>Cartoons</name>

<path>smb://GrahamJ:Pa$$[email protected]/TV/TV/Cartoons/</path>

</source>

<source>

<name>Comedy</name>

<path>smb://GrahamJ:Pa$$[email protected]/TV/TV/Comedy/</path>

</source>

I'm not massively clued up on the Linux side of things and use WINSCP to dump my xml files.
If you need me to grab anything to help troubleshoot I'll do my best but will probably struggle if it's not obtainable via WINSCP!

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to go down the road of buying another NUC just to fix the Cartoons problem, but it's becoming increasingly more frustrating.

Thanks peeps.
You can't use a shared DB cross version. This may be the start of your problems.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL

NOTICE: Every XBMC "client" must run the same version of XBMC.
Otherwise they will not be sharing the same library. There can even be differences between development builds, so make sure you always use the same build dates. See Version table for more info.
Both 12.2 and 12.3 should be using the same version of the database, according to this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...s/Versions

Can you show us your advancedsettings.xml (at least the mysql bit)?

Also, have a look at your xbmc.log - it may give you a pointer as to why the source isn't working in the library.
I managed to fix this last night, at least on the OpenELEC machine. It still remains on the RaspBMC, even despite trying to do the same thing, but I'm happy to just blank it and put the same OpenELEC build on.

With OpenELEC I tried to force the error so it would log the problem but the cartoon library disappeared completely. I reset the content for cartoons and it works perfectly.

Say, the same can't be said about RaspBMC, that just doesn't work. But I'm happy to move to OpenELEC anyway, it seems much faster.

Thanks for your responses and suggestions gents. Really appreciate your time.
Glad you got it working Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This file is missing (only on Pi)0