WIP new idea
the last time i made a skin was for the Xbox so im a lot rusty lol
but what do you think ?

Looks nice and clean always like a skin that uses everything it can clearart/fanart flags etc and still make it look good and not overcrowded. Good luck with the skin count me in !
Looking good!

I'd watch those font sizes though..
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Looks like a nice concept
+1 -- following.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I'm planning this skin for Gotham so its going to be a long wait and coding

I'm still haven't pick fonts for the skin, animations so there is still a lot or room to work

not sure of this layout
Looks good ! Honestly i prefer the first layout and i would take rid of the rounded corners (poster and fanart).
Another suggestion, move the home menu a liitle bit higher.

What can i say, welcome back in the world of skinning and creativity !

Smile
What butchabay said +1

Either go all rounded or all square corners (plus square is "in" at the moment and will make it easier skinning wise).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks for the advise

Btw I had a question 1080 or 720?
+ anthoer 1 ? for square corners... Keep it simle ?
(2014-01-15, 02:25)warlion Wrote: Thanks for the advise

Btw I had a question 1080 or 720?

seems like most people are going 1080 these days...
i'm not sure about the stats as to what most people have these days.

i personally have a 720 plasma... i run Arctic skin, and it handles the 1080 skins just fine.
so, i think it's a personal choice. but one that probably shouldn't matter in the long run.... Huh
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I currently have 2 tvs with xbmc and neither are either 720 or 1080 - one is 1360x768 and the other is 1680x1050.
So my opinion is that its best to go with the higher res and scale down rather than lower res scaled up. Any newish tv will be 1080, whereas older/cheaper tvs are not necessarily 720 so going 720 will be scaled anyway.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I agree with Jurialmunkey on that one.

Having a few extra pixels to work with is never a bad thing either. Personally I found 1080 much easier to work with.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
if you target all platforms 720p might still be the most performant way + you save some RAM which could be important for some embedded devices (like the RasPI 256 MB models). If you don't care or you're not using too many different and huge images, go 1080p. That's at least what I would do if I'd do skinning.

Edit: but in any case I'd do the layouts in 1080p ofc. (or even higher if you do lots of custom graphics and want them to look more detailed than they are, then scaling them down helps Wink )
Yeah, that was my first decision when i began with my wip skin which is 1080, a white texture and working only with colordiffuse ... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new idea4