WIP new idea
the basic idea of home , still in progress

Hi Warlion If youre using clearlogos can I suggest a cleaner look where they dont overlap the bottom of the posters

Welcome back to skinning
Very very nice concept mate, at least i would suggest an option to disable clearlogo and the little fanart for a simple and clean look.

Keep it up !
i am following you
Looks great.
This concept looks very nice Smile
hey guys what you think about cases ?

just testing nothing define yet
I'm not a fan of cases Wink .
Look very outdated to me and they obscure the posters.

Most media is just received digitally without ever using a case anyhow Tongue.

I like the rest of the set up though!
Not completely sold on the shading of the main silver bar, but perhaps i'm just to influenced by the 'flat-flatter-flatest' race going on in smartphone/tablet land...
Recommendations
Most skins are made for pc use.
Control with keyboard and mouse sitting at a pc screen.
But that's not as users use xbmc.
They use a large screen display with a remote ore special remote app
Text in skins often much too small to small icons with even smaller text eg. audio or image information
Often duplicate information as also in your screen example movie name is also on the cover then why again in text. Like being able to use all the art-work that makes it more beautiful.
Almost all skins wrok with a horizontal or vertical menu that you scroll through the list
Why not a menu where you will see the only choice. by following clicking the remote appears the next choice.
This makes the home screen more beautiful.
Preferably no buttons on the screen that already to your remote.
In short a skin that suits the use in the living room.
I now use Artic, a great skin, but the buttons and icons also appear there with far too small text. Please don't make the same mistake.
Good luck!
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
(2014-01-20, 16:47)sling Wrote: Recommendations
Most skins are made for pc use.
Control with keyboard and mouse sitting at a pc screen.
But that's not as users use xbmc.
They use a large screen display with a remote ore special remote app
Text in skins often much too small to small icons with even smaller text eg. audio or image information
Often duplicate information as also in your screen example movie name is also on the cover then why again in text. Like being able to use all the art-work that makes it more beautiful.
Almost all skins wrok with a horizontal or vertical menu that you scroll through the list
Why not a menu where you will see the only choice. by following clicking the remote appears the next choice.
This makes the home screen more beautiful.
Preferably no buttons on the screen that already to your remote.
In short a skin that suits the use in the living room.
I now use Artic, a great skin, but the buttons and icons also appear there with far too small text. Please don't make the same mistake.
Good luck!

Haha, this goes to show that each has their own ideas as to what is nice Smile
The text appears to be a good size (in the later examples), Arctic also has a good size text, no need to make them bigger. It will just reduce the amount of information you can show.
The title is shown in the poster and as clearlogo, i like the combination.
Nice to see all options at once, instead of having to scroll and see what pops up Wink

Anyhow, make the skin like you would want to use it yourself and then you can always think of adding stuff other want (or not Tongue)
i think the option for cases is always nice, but TBH, i don't like cases and i always turn them off. I think it obscures the nice artwork as well as making the artwork smaller in most cases.
(2014-01-20, 22:14)deh2k7 Wrote: i think the option for cases is always nice, but TBH, i don't like cases and i always turn them off. I think it obscures the nice artwork as well as making the artwork smaller in most cases.

+1 but there are many who use cases so if it's included as an option then you provide choice.

Also noticed the clear separation between bottom of posters and clear logos - nice!

For visual consistency in viewtypes is there any reason why in the music view the fanart window isn't right aligned like for Movies and TV?
Great looking skin.....any progress?
Still on progress , but advancing btw what scripts integrations would you like?
Great news, really looking forward to this skin.
Personally for scripts/addons I use - PseudoTV, The Trailers, TV Tunes, TV show next aired and whatever music lyrics script is currently working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new idea4