Scanning for new content very slow on TVDB
Is it normal for XBMC to hang for a few minutes when updating / scraping the library when it begins to scanning for new content on the TVDB? Even if there has been no changes or additions the TVDB scan will take 2-4 minutes before it finally decides there is nothing more to do. However it is able to advance through the Movie scraper very quickly if there are no changes (actually even if new movies are added it picks them up quickly).

Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with my library that is causing the TVDB to be so slow? I thought the issue might be the scraper stumbling on a file it can't ID, but I have double and triple checked my TV source directories and all the files are named correctly and every file has been scraped and identified correctly so there are no rogue files that the scraper is choking on.

I am running on Gotham final via Geexbox for a cubox i4.

debug log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=201117
It could be an issue on the scraper server. In general, it seems to take longer to scrape new items in TV shows than movies since it seems there are more folders (on average) with TV shows. So even just checking for new files will take longer. Just a guess from my own observations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning for new content very slow on TVDB0