Solved share sqlite3 databases with nfs
Hi
My goal is to share a single configuration between several PC.
SoI try to use the possibility of the advancedsettings.xml file with
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...atabase.3E

But I want that my shared files (databases and other) stay on a NFS share.

So I try this :
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <musicdatabase>
        <type>sqlite3</type>
        <host>nfs://192.168.0.128/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Vidéos/configCommonXBMC/Database/</host>
    </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
But the musicdatabase is not loaded.

I try also with this path (my local path to access my NAS with NFS share)
Code:
<musicdatabase>
    <type>sqlite3</type>
    <host>/media/DNS320/Volume_1/Vidéos/configCommonXBMC/Database/</host>
</musicdatabase>
But it doen't worrk anytime.

My question is : is it possible to use shared librarys for video and music on a NFS share ? how/wich path may I use ?
If somebody can help ?

Thx
Nico
I do not blieve this is possible the general supported method of a shared library is via MySql install that is communicable via the network. The Wiki page you reference even explicitly warns:
Note: It is HIGHLY recommended that you not attempt to place an sqlite3 database outside of XBMC's path. sqlite3 contains no filesystem abstraction, so this will plain break on any non-local (as far as XBMC is concerned) paths. Use this for mysql only.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
(2014-01-15, 00:16)transcender Wrote: Note: It is HIGHLY recommended that you not attempt to place an sqlite3 database outside of XBMC's path. sqlite3 contains no filesystem abstraction, so this will plain break on any non-local (as far as XBMC is concerned) paths. Use this for mysql only.

It was writted so big I don't read that Sad
RTFM is allways the answer ;o)

Maybe I will test local sync with unison/cron... I haven't a mysql server at home (and I don't wan't).

Thx for the answer
Nico
(2014-01-15, 00:30)cratchup Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 00:16)transcender Wrote: Note: It is HIGHLY recommended that you not attempt to place an sqlite3 database outside of XBMC's path. sqlite3 contains no filesystem abstraction, so this will plain break on any non-local (as far as XBMC is concerned) paths. Use this for mysql only.

It was writted so big I don't read that Sad
RTFM is allways the answer ;o)

Maybe I will test local sync with unison/cron... I haven't a mysql server at home (and I don't wan't).

Thx for the answer
Nico

Sqlite is not designed to be multiuser. Mysql is, and is trivial to set up.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Your welcome, Nico. Stuff happens, welcome to the forums, at least you researched and looked first and kudos to you for actually marking solved and helping keep the forums cleaner/helpful. Agree the MySql install isn't terribly hard... I spun up on a VM and never have to touch it.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Mysql is not the problem : I already have LAMP on my desktop'PC.
I don't want to have a server more. I already have a NAS that works 5 or 6 hours per day.
I have to hack my NAS if I want to add a mysql server ; I don't want too to buy a raspberry only for that...
I have hoped that I can find an issue with the file sharing.
But nevermind, XBMC is even a very nice soft Big Grin
At this time, I have just to check if I can use synchronisation with a raspbmc...
Nico
mmm Doesnt LAMP already have Mysql included? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAMP_%28software_bundle%29

Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

So you dont need one more server, you just need to actually understand what you already have and learn how to use it (if you dont already). XBMC wiki has a really complete how-to HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_MySQL (wiki)

A word on Your NAS that needs to be hacked to have mysql... Well If you dont want risk bricking your device adding functionality that your native firmware solution in your nas doesn't provide, and you really dont want to buy more anything, find a way to use what you already have. Either do it or dont do it. To sychronize with raspbmc platform you need mysql!
(2014-01-15, 16:08)uNiversal Wrote: mmm Doesnt LAMP already have Mysql included? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAMP_%28software_bundle%29

Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

So you dont need one more server, you just need to actually understand what you already have and learn how to use it (if you dont already). XBMC wiki has a really complete how-to HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_MySQL (wiki)

I really understand what I have and where is my MySQL server and how it works ;o)
I just don't want to have to start 3 machines to watch a film ;o)

movies and music are on NAS
screen will be plug on a raspberry
and mysql server is on my desktop PC

(2014-01-15, 16:08)uNiversal Wrote: A word on Your NAS that needs to be hacked to have mysql... Well If you dont want risk bricking your device adding functionality that your native firmware solution in your nas doesn't provide, and you really dont want to buy more anything, find a way to use what you already have. Either do it or dont do it. To sychronize with raspbmc platform you need mysql!

In fact, I don't want to spend time with that... maybe in the future, it could be change ;o)

Thx for your comments
Well, thank you for your comments...

There you have it.

Refusing to spend time ;o) is your problem for anything else see Video_library/Naming_files/Movies (wiki) and Set_content_and_scan (wiki) It works for everyone. so it should also work for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
share sqlite3 databases with nfs0