Linux 8.04 with XBMC 8.10 Atlantis
That only works for what she currently has, not for what she adds in later.
I'm getting the IMDB Scraper to partially work, it is returning Date, Run Time, Rating and Tagline but no Plot, Cast or Thumbs... Fanart is not working either but that's most likely related to an issue with TMDB. TMDB gives me Run Time and Rating only.

I'm not going to show the entire code, just what is working
The Original IMDB Scraper used this for Details and did not work:

Quote:<GetDetails dest="3">
<RegExp input="$$5" output="&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;" dest="3">
<RegExp input="$$2" output="&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;" dest="5">
<expression />
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;title&gt;\1&lt;/title&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression trim="1" noclean="1">&lt;h1 class="header" itemprop="name"&gt;([^&lt;]*)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;year&gt;\1&lt;/year&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>a href=&quot;/year/([0-9]*)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;top250&gt;\1&lt;/top250&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>Top 250 #([0-9]*)&lt;/a&gt;</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;mpaa&gt;\1&lt;/mpaa&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>MPAA&lt;/a&gt;\)&lt;/h4&gt;\n?&lt;span itemprop=&quot;contentRating&quot;&gt;([^&lt;]*)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;certification&gt;\1 \3&lt;/certification&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression repeat="yes">&lt;a href=&quot;/search/title\?certificates=[^&quot;]*&quot;&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/a&gt;[^&lt;]*(&lt;i&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/i&gt;)?</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;tagline&gt;\1&lt;/tagline&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>&lt;h4[^&gt;]*?&gt;Taglines:&lt;/h4&gt;\n?([^&lt;]*)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;runtime&gt;\1&lt;/runtime&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression trim="1">&lt;h4[^&gt;]*?&gt;Runtime:&lt;/h4&gt;[^0-9]*([0-9]+)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;rating&gt;\1&lt;/rating&gt;&lt;votes&gt;\2&lt;/votes&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>&lt;span itemprop=&quot;ratingValue&quot;&gt;([0-9.]+).*?&gt;.*?title=&quot;([0-9,]+)\s</expression>
</RegExp>

The Changed code looks like this:

Quote:<GetDetails dest="3">
<RegExp input="$$5" output="&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;" dest="3">
<RegExp input="$$2" output="&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;" dest="5">
<expression />
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;title&gt;\2&lt;/title&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>&lt;meta name=&quot;title&quot; content=&quot;(IMDb - )?(?:&amp;#x22;)?([^&quot;]*?)(?:&amp;#x22;)? \([^\(]*?([0-9]{4})\)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;year&gt;\1&lt;/year&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>a href=&quot;/year/([0-9]*)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;top250&gt;\1&lt;/top250&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>Top 250 #([0-9]*)&lt;/a&gt;</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;mpaa&gt;\1&lt;/mpaa&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>MPAA&lt;/a&gt;\)&lt;/h4&gt;\n?&lt;span itemprop=&quot;contentRating&quot;&gt;([^&lt;]*)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;certification&gt;\1 \3&lt;/certification&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression repeat="yes">&lt;a href=&quot;/search/title\?certificates=[^&quot;]*&quot;&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/a&gt;[^&lt;]*(&lt;i&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/i&gt;)?</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;tagline&gt;\1&lt;/tagline&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>&lt;h4[^&gt;]*?&gt;Taglines:&lt;/h4&gt;\n?([^&lt;]*)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;runtime&gt;\1&lt;/runtime&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression trim="1">&lt;h4[^&gt;]*?&gt;Runtime:&lt;/h4&gt;[^0-9]*([0-9]+)</expression>
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;rating&gt;\1&lt;/rating&gt;&lt;votes&gt;\2&lt;/votes&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression>&lt;span itemprop=&quot;ratingValue&quot;&gt;([0-9.]+).*?&gt;.*?title=&quot;([0-9,]+)\s</expression>
</RegExp>
Yep pin a medal on that guy before he runs out of the bulding.
I've verified that tmdb.xml is returning the right ID into $$2 but I haven't found any problems with the code as of yet!

I'm going to take a look at the common imdb.xml file to see if I can find anything wrong there.

So far there hasn't been a single constructive comment on here about fixing the scraper code.
Because we are not scraper coders, so therefore there is nothing to say. But what you claim is a LIE, in fact my first comment was to that effect to get the Scrapers fixed along with weather addon.

Now stop acting like an ingrate, rememberer this, we are not obliged to help you in any manner at all...
Don't accuse people of lying. A simple mistake is not the same as a lie.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm trying to get this working on Linux, The Post says Linux and the problem is with scrapers and weather in XBMC Atlantis 8.10 on Linux...
I did not lie, I did not make a mistake.
I've repeated this over and over and over!!!
The only reason XBMC4Xbox was mentioned is because it was asked why I did not simply upgrade to a newer XBMC and that was one of the reasons.
I never said I was having problems with XBMC4Xbox.
XBMC4Xbox is working fine after the 3.3.3 update, I've said that!
and its true
But again, I'm not trying to fix XBMC4Xbox!!!
I'm trying to fix XBMC 8.10 Atlantis on Linux 8.04!!!
and
The scrapers for XBMC4Xbox do not work in XBMC Atlantis as is.
also
Apparently I did not make it clear enough in an earlier post that the scrapers in XBMC (are suppose to) work both inside and outside of Library Mode.
Outside of Library Mode they provide Thumbnails and Fanart.
It also lets you pull up information like Plot, Cast, Year, Runtime, Rating, Tagline and more.
Inside Library Mode it uses that same information to let you list content by Actor, Year, Genre, etc...
However, Library Mode does not list everything, only the content that is in the database.
So I can say in one breath that she doesn't like Library Mode and that she wants the Scrapers to Work!
It simply means that she wants to be able to play files that don't have any nfo but that she would prefer it if they did.
and
that she likes the way it allows her to make a selection better than Library Mode does.

I said I was having a scraper problem and weather problem with XBMC 8.10 Atlantis and I am.
I said I was using old hardware and I am.
I said I was putting it together for an old lady that doesn't want to change from what she is use to and I am.

I'm not a coder either, but at least I'm trying to fix this.
I never said that anybody had to help either, I was just hoping that somebody would volunteer something constructive.
And
I'm not saying it needs to be code, for example; a helpful link to a relative resource.
I am saying that if it's not a constructive comment to help solve the issue then it really doesn't need to be posted.

Now, to clarify this 1 more time!
I'm trying to fix the Movie scrapers in XBMC 8.10 Atlantis and possibly the Weather as well that is installed on a system using Linux 8.04
The relevant files are tmdb.xml and imdb.xml in the scraper\video folder and in the scraper\video\common folder
PM3.HD was the default skin for Atlantis right? There is a version for frodo here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154425
(2014-01-17, 21:58)nickr Wrote: Don't accuse people of lying. A simple mistake is not the same as a lie.

OP saying to others that we not providing helpful constructive comments because OP did not get the answer he wanted is a "lie" in itself (lie is probably not the best word!... You start picking at every word like its literal (also gives wrong impression), dont forget where you are.. Everyone forgets (including myself.) that this is a international forum -- not everyone is a native English speaker (Im not) and things get a bit lost somewhere sometimes.
This is probably why these misunderstandings happen... for the most part. One tries to get to the bottom of it best one can... And solve things, That's why we are all here.

@Kogije

Im sorry, I should be clearer to what was meant... And not forget that people just bad at communicating what they want. Lets try to move on from this.
We need to understand what exactly are problems, before anyone can give you a answer or solution < they are not the same... This is not immediately obvious because of lack of information provided. Hence you were told to upgrade...

We at post 22 and only 4 posts ago we start to understand what problems are and your needs...

1) Because no one uses that OS XBMC versions anymore and because XBMC has evolved so much -- clearly no one here is an expert at those particular issues you are facing, makes this more difficult to provide you with answer... If it was on a wiki somewhere I would link you straight up..

2) Your requirements also dont make this easier.

As for my part I admit that I lack the skills, and also cannot point you in any direction because of the 2 reasons above, mainly because of 1)...

I hope someone can give you a solution or do point you in the general direction.

Clearly you are not getting the help you need, we trying to help you, we need to understand what exact problem is first and then if we have the skills to help you we will..

In any case you have both research and choices to make.

good luck Wink

(2014-01-17, 23:24)teeedubb Wrote: PM3.HD was the default skin for Atlantis right? There is a version for frodo here

He cant upgrade see posts http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1601474, His hardware is OLD. Good solution if he ever decides to get better hardware though.
I have been making some progress on this and will try to keep everyone updated in case anyone else comes across this problem.
So far
tmdb.xml returns the correct ID and the Year and Runtime for the movie, that's it
imdb.xml returns the correct ID, Year, Runtime, Rating and Tagline, thats it
I am currently in the process of taking apart the imdb.xml scraper and re-writing it from scratch
however
I believe that the majority of the problems come from the common tmdb.xml

Just to clarify, there are actually 2 tmdb.xml files and 2 imdb.xml files
and all 4 files are coded differently
One set of tmdb.xml and imdb.xml is in the xbmc\system\scraper\video folder
the other set is in the xbmc\system\scraper\video\common folder

The common tmdb.xml file seems to be the one that downloads the fanart and is also a default source for thumbs.
(2014-01-17, 23:27)uNiversal Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 23:24)teeedubb Wrote: PM3.HD was the default skin for Atlantis right? There is a version for frodo here

He cant upgrade see posts http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1601474, His hardware is OLD. Good solution if he ever decides to get better hardware though.

Nonsense. I used to run XBMC v11 Eden on Ubuntu 8.4.
(2014-01-18, 08:59)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 23:27)uNiversal Wrote:

If Frodo still able to run on a GeForce 6800 GS 256bit GDDR3... minimum hardware requirements if still correct are XBMC_for_Linux_specific_FAQ#XBMC_for_Linux_minimum_requirements (wiki) then maybe.

Frodo ppa for ubuntu 8.04 another matter that leaves compiling and getting all dependencies sorted is not something else completely again.
(2014-01-18, 11:47)uNiversal Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 08:59)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 23:27)uNiversal Wrote: He cant upgrade see posts http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1601474, His hardware is OLD. Good solution if he ever decides to get better hardware though.

If Frodo still able to run on a GeForce 6800 GS 256bit GDDR3... minimum hardware requirements if still correct are XBMC_for_Linux_specific_FAQ#XBMC_for_Linux_minimum_requirements (wiki) then maybe.

Frodo ppa for ubuntu 8.04 another matter that leaves compiling and getting all dependencies sorted is not something else completely again.

It's easier than what this guy is trying to do. There are already compiled versions of Eden floating around for Hardy that at least have working scrapers.
Okay, first off the PM3.HD on XBMC 11 Eden does look like the PM3.HD on XBMC 8.1 Atlantis but only in Library Mode which makes that a mute point.
Second, I did find a deb file to install XBMC 11 Eden on Ubuntu 8.04, however, that would cause more problems than it fixes.
I'm not sure that anybody read the link I posted on why the Movie Scraper isn't working, but,
the short version is that XBMC versions below 13 are on borrowed time for the movie scrapers because tmdb is using a new api and
as of XBMC 10 the api was hardcoded.
What that means is that the movie scrapers for XBMC 10 through 12 will stop working when they shutdown the temporary api mirror site
with no way to get them working again short of a recompile with a new updated api (much trickier than fixing a xml scraper.)
I am updating XBMC 8.1 to the new api so there won't be a problem with it when I get it working.

Now, as for new info, apparently XBMC 8.1 does not support the use of a common folder so all the common files need to be codded into the scrapers.
It shouldn't take me that long to figure the rest out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
8.04 with XBMC 8.10 Atlantis0