Help with occasional audio clipping via toslink
Hello,

I recently rebuilt my pc using a ssd drive(new OS install etc) and in the process decided to upgrade from xbmc 11.0 which was working perfectly to 12.3. As my receiver doesn't have a hdmi port, I use a turtle beach usb toslink adapter to send Dolby Digital/DTS audio pass through.

This used to work perfectly in my old setup, but in the new setup I encounter an issue with DD/DTS pass through where it clips for a fraction of a second every so often. If I reboot the pc, the problem disappears, and a day or so later it reappears again.

I have tried switching usb ports, removing and reinstalling the drivers again etc. Does anybody have any thoughts on what could be happening?

Thanks,
Thadiyan.
The only time I have run into issues with USB sound cards is when they are plugged into USB hubs. The cheap ones where like this, and even the best of them which I have now (sound blaster) is the same. Needs a direct connection to the USB port in the motherboard.

If it is plugged in direct, could be a power issue. Does the device have a power adapter you could use?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
This toslink adapter is directly connected to a usb adapter off the mother board. Unfortunately the adapter does not have a power adapter to go with. The simple solution is a reboot which clears the problem for a few days, so as of now doing the ghetto once in a few days reboot solution.

(2014-01-15, 21:59)Death-Axe Wrote: The only time I have run into issues with USB sound cards is when they are plugged into USB hubs. The cheap ones where like this, and even the best of them which I have now (sound blaster) is the same. Needs a direct connection to the USB port in the motherboard.

If it is plugged in direct, could be a power issue. Does the device have a power adapter you could use?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with occasional audio clipping via toslink0