Addon to download file within XBMC?
Hi All,

I have 2 questions:

- Is there an Addon to download a file directly within XBMC, for example to download a zip file (repository zip file) on local disk without using ftp on remote computer or to leave XBMC in linux?

- Is it possible to implement within XBMC the feature to download Addons from repositories from url (online zip)? today it is possible only from local zip file.

Many thanks
M
Welcome to forums.

Q1: No, I dont think there is. You could do python files to do this and run them via addon called Advanced_Launcher (wiki) or something... Im sure there's other elegant solutions.
Q2: Absolutely yes.

You "volunteering" to add support for this? Guess not.
1) yes, File manager (wiki)

2) An actual add-on repository does not require downloading zips for the individual add-ons. Some sites use an HTTP directory of zip files because they are stupid.
(2014-01-15, 12:13)mutulaki Wrote: Hi All,

I have 2 questions:

- Is there an Addon to download a file directly within XBMC, for example to download a zip file (repository zip file) on local disk without using ftp on remote computer or to leave XBMC in linux?

- Is it possible to implement within XBMC the feature to download Addons from repositories from url (online zip)? today it is possible only from local zip file.

Many thanks
M
Hi all,

I have found a similar need from RockerC in the thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123071

There is also a part of a similar plugin made by mikey1234 in the thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177017, but this should be launched directly within XBMC as an addon and not from a web browser.

Thanks and best regards

M
Hi All,

I have written and quick and dirty Addon to download a file to special://userdata/downloads directory.
You can also unzip the file in the directory

It makes use of the routines written by mikey1234 for downloading and extracting the zip file.

You can download it from here:

XBMC urldownloader by Mutulaki

Don't hesitate to give me your feedback.

Enjoy,

M

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon to download file within XBMC?0