• 34(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
(2020-05-24, 16:12)robvnl Wrote: Hi all,

Chorus is a very good interface. I use it a lot. Many thanks for that. Overall it works very nice and smoothly and fits to my needs.

I have noticed a tiny problem and searched a lot about an eventual config setting but could not get it solved. Even not found searching the web or this forum. I wonder what I am doing wrong.

When I open a music album and I start it, all works fine, it updates the music information such as the track name it is playing. I.e. it refreshes the current track information.

However, the above doesn't work with radio streams. I open a playlist with radio streams from the browser in Chorus. This playlist is retrieved from the local storage, e.g.:  /storage/radio/RadioTunes - Favorites - 2017.pls. I can open and play a stream from the list. All working perfectly good. After opening the stream it displays the current "artist and songname". What it doesn't do is refresh/update the "artist and songname" when the next track is started.

The problem is not in the stream itself. It does work with the Kodi app on my phone and it does work in Kodi when I watch it at the TV.

I have tried this with Chrome and even from a Windows with Edge. Same issue. The workaround is:
- refresh the whole page, or
- press the "repeat" or "random track" button, which is more convenient than the first option.

Currently I have Chorus version 18.x-2.4.6 on Kodi 18.6 (out of the box from LibreELEC 9.2.1 on a RaspBerry 4B). My client is Firefox verson 76 at Linux Mint 19.3.

Ideas about this are more than welcome! Many thanks in advance.

By accident I discovered the track info is updated each new track again when I disconnect and connect to the network while the webpage chorus2 is active and playing a stream. As soon as I choose (another) radio stream it again shows the first track info and from then it stays frozen again.
This is probably better to address at https://github.com/xbmc/chorus2
(2020-06-06, 00:47)robvnl Wrote: This is probably better to address at https://github.com/xbmc/chorus2

above is meant for robertus.... sorry for the nuisance.
This is a nice Web interface. Is it still being actively developed? I would love to see the functionality of being able to send a URL directly to the player or add to queue. This is currently possible using a firefox extension called KodiControl (https://github.com/LendoK/kodi-control) but it would be great to have this functionality in the web interface so it is not browser dependent.

I know it is also possible to do this via a VBScript or CURL script via the JSON protocol, but again these are OS dependent.
Hi all,

just discovered, Chorus2 comes bundled with Leia 18.9 and V19Matrix which is great, so I can assume it is complete.

I have connected to my server via Edge, Firefox and Chrome seamlessly - I have 2 installs:- local and portable (using SMB)

Remote Control works great and media plays as normal with sub-titles

Issue I have, it will not playback the sub-titles when streaming from either install.

I am unable to update Chorus2 

My question is:- is there a fix for playback with sub-titles when streaming or Is Chorus2 no longer maintained

Thanks in advance
(2021-08-03, 09:29)fsurfer Wrote: My question is:- is there a fix for playback with sub-titles when streaming or Is Chorus2 no longer maintained
I am not aware of that issue, but Chorus2 is no longer maintained.

Chorus3 is in the works... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=361451
Of course, that does not help you with your issue.

I assum you have also discovered how to edit your library using Chorus2?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-03, 10:17)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-03, 09:29)fsurfer Wrote:
(2021-08-03, 10:17)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-03, 09:29)fsurfer Wrote: My question is:- is there a fix for playback with sub-titles when streaming or Is Chorus2 no longer maintained

Thanks for the update, I scanned the thread before posting and could not see a solution.

One I found myself is to install native VLC My question is:- is there a fix for playback with sub-titles when streaming or Is Chorus2 no longer maintained

Hi,

as a remote control, editing etc. it is great - playback with subbed video is the only issue,

As you can see is screen shots I am able to access native VLC which play video with subs

(Click image to enlarge)
Maybe @Razze can check it for Chorus3
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-03, 11:01)Karellen Wrote: Maybe @Razze can check it for Chorus3

Absolutely and thanks again for your help

To answer you question re: edit library answer is yes
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10