• 12(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
(2014-04-29, 17:42)michaelkrtikos Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 05:18)jez500 Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 20:42)michaelkrtikos Wrote: Once again this is an outstanding web interface.

I have been reading all the posts on this thread but it seems that for me the stream does not work. I run XBMC on a raspberry pi model B and loading the interface from my PC on chrome. The music seems to play in browser but i cannot hear anything.

I have tried this also locally using the local IP and port and also via internet using the external IP and port. The same is happening when i use it from my iPad or iPhone.

I am not sure if i am doing something wrong or i miss any plugin in order to work. please let me know how you have managed this to work!

Thank you in advance!

Possibly the file format? streaming only really works with mp3s

All of my songs are in MP3 44100. I am not sure what is the problem here. In the Local Player it seems to play but i do not get the song duration nor i hear anything.

This addon is beautifull!!!444 Smile
But one question. I tried this streaming thing, but not working for me. When i click on the "Local" tab and then on any movie to play, the xbmc plays in the own player not in the browser. Any idea? If i change the web interface port, can it cause the problem?
hi jez! congrats for the best web ui i ever have seen. This is miles away from the other bulls ... ;-) Is there a chance to put german language to this?

There are some ideas like multiroom support and let me ask you .. are you open for some ideas??
If there will be multi language support, i can help with the hungarian transalte.
(2014-05-03, 10:37)dhead Wrote: @jez500

With the added keymapping it would be nice having a help OSD, although for experience XBMC user these should already known, Gmail got a nice example (SHIFT+?).

How do you feel about opening features request on Github's issues ? without contributing to the code myself (no much free time to learn python) I tend to avoid that, but I do have ideas from time to time.
Yeah good idea, mappings are exactly the same as default xbmc keys so there shouldn't be any weird things going on but a help screen would be nice.
And yes I would much prefer to see feature requests in github because then they can be attacked one by one, tracked and closed when complete.
Chorus doesn't use any python, it is all javascript and css, handy skills to learn Wink

(2014-05-03, 17:34)dhead Wrote: Did anyone encountered subtitles on the VLC plugin ?

I usually never use the VLC plugin as currently Chromebook is my main machine but it looks like in some cases subtitles do apear.

The only time I seen subtitles was with a MKV with internal English subtitles and Swedish audio language ("The Girl Who Played with Fire").
There no controls (except the bar, play, pause and volume) so we can't disable the subtitles or toggle (I don't understand Swedish so it's fine).

Tested on Arch Linux with VLC NPAPI plugin (npapi-vlc-git on AUR) in Chromium 34.
Subtitles with streaming would only work if they are embeded in the video container (eg. mkv) - although I haven't tested this myself, they will definately not work if they are a separate file. Essentially the browser player just gets handed the video file location, it knows nothing of any associated files. And lastly, the vlc embed player has very limited functionality, this is just how it works and is nothing close to the functionality of the full application... https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:WebPlugin/
(2014-05-05, 08:55)krakout Wrote: One small(?) request!

Would it be possible to add, apart from the IMDB rating, the RT rating too (Tomatometer/Audience) or maybe IMDB's Metascore? Smile

Cheers
T

XBMC doesn't provide (or scrape) that data by default (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=JSON-RPC_API...elds.Movie), so this would require external api requests to RT directly which makes things a lot more complicated (and opens quite a large can of worms). Maybe a feature for the future but don't hold your breath.
(2014-05-06, 12:39)asiaminor Wrote: Today Openelec uptaded Chorus addon and keyboard functions are wonderful. Thank you very much.
It is handy isn't it Smile Glad you like!
(2014-05-06, 23:45)golibali Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 17:42)michaelkrtikos Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 05:18)jez500 Wrote: Possibly the file format? streaming only really works with mp3s

All of my songs are in MP3 44100. I am not sure what is the problem here. In the Local Player it seems to play but i do not get the song duration nor i hear anything.

This addon is beautifull!!!444 Smile
But one question. I tried this streaming thing, but not working for me. When i click on the "Local" tab and then on any movie to play, the xbmc plays in the own player not in the browser. Any idea? If i change the web interface port, can it cause the problem?
Streaming video is a bit different, you click the "stream" tab on a movie or episode - as mentioned in the readme on github Wink
I plan to make the more obvious and integrated with the ui it the future (eg. play button has a dropdown to play on xbmc or locally and add streaming to the context menu)
(2014-05-07, 14:45)bebox Wrote: hi jez! congrats for the best web ui i ever have seen. This is miles away from the other bulls ... ;-) Is there a chance to put german language to this?

There are some ideas like multiroom support and let me ask you .. are you open for some ideas??

(2014-05-07, 14:55)golibali Wrote: If there will be multi language support, i can help with the hungarian transalte.

It's on the cards! https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/24
Just need to find some time to implement it.
(2014-05-07, 14:45)bebox Wrote: There are some ideas like multiroom support and let me ask you .. are you open for some ideas??

By multiroom I guess you mean controlling other xbmc's from the one interface? For this to work, xbmc would have to support it, which it doesn't really at the moment so for now you would have to install chorus on each xbmc and go to a different address to control each xbmc. My dream feature for xbmc would support for a server/client setup (like plex) which would make something like this much easier, but I think this might be a long way off.

Definitely open to ideas but would much prefer them posted here https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues so they can be tracked. It's also worthwhile checking here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=JSON-RPC_API/v6 first to see if your ideas are actually possible.
@jez500

I don't see any mention of UPnP in the JSON-RPC wiki page.
Then I'm guessing that Yatse got its own method to stream from XBMC to a UPnP client which require Yatse to act as the middleman / gateway and not only as a remote / playlist manager.

With regards to multiroom I think XBMC ATM is probably a horrible solution, you probably can't promise to initiate playing at the same time and not to keep in sync, if I really wanted this today I would probably use pulseaudio/jack/jack2 or whatever solution for it.

Your idea of controlling from one instance of XBMC & Chrous multiple clients is the same as mine, I would love to see this goes through the UPnP infrastructure thus also having UPnP/DLNA enabled clients supported and not only XBMC, from low cost DLNA audio clients to higher range AVR. (today for example I stumbled upon the "Soundmate WM-02" which seem quite alright for it's price, if it works, Smile of course).
just installed it here, and.. i must say: WOW! just WOW!, this is the greatest and best-looking xbmc web interface i have ever seen, thank you for making and sharing such a wonderful thing Smile

a few suggestions/feature requests:
- some settings: to choose where the interface starts (it would be great if you could start on the tv shows or movies screen)
- list view (to movies/tv shows so you can find it easily in a large library)
- on tv, there's only Recently Added, All TV and Genres. with a list type view you could add 'studios, actors, years, etc)
- profile switching (like on the default xbmc web interface)
- on the playlist view, it shows the music addons installed and you can browse them. would be nice if the videos add ons showed up too.
- don't know if it's possible, but would be nice if we could drag and drop episodes and put then on the playlist or rearrange it.

thanks for listening Smile
think simple: what about just displaying something like (kitchen is playing, living room is playing ... with a little thumb) and when klicking on that ill be redirect to the remote chorus weinterface ... Huh
(2014-05-11, 02:18)dhead Wrote: @jez500

I don't see any mention of UPnP in the JSON-RPC wiki page.
Then I'm guessing that Yatse got its own method to stream from XBMC to a UPnP client which require Yatse to act as the middleman / gateway and not only as a remote / playlist manager.

With regards to multiroom I think XBMC ATM is probably a horrible solution, you probably can't promise to initiate playing at the same time and not to keep in sync, if I really wanted this today I would probably use pulseaudio/jack/jack2 or whatever solution for it.

Your idea of controlling from one instance of XBMC & Chrous multiple clients is the same as mine, I would love to see this goes through the UPnP infrastructure thus also having UPnP/DLNA enabled clients supported and not only XBMC, from low cost DLNA audio clients to higher range AVR. (today for example I stumbled upon the "Soundmate WM-02" which seem quite alright for it's price, if it works, Smile of course).

>> In generally; synced Audio/Video is not that problem. My (approved) concept is to distribute a link (with the related url or file) from XBMC Skin to a VLC Player. VLC Player is starting a Multicast stream and XBMC can pic up this via a *.stream file .... taken from here: http://www.hackedexistence.com/project-vlc.html From my point of view this has to be done from a add-on. What do u think about?
@bebox

VLC is a bad approach, I don't think it would work.
You need to work with a protocol that designed for synchronized audio playback.

From googling gather that currently the best approach is squeeze.
If squeeze can also synchronized internet radio playback then on Linux/OpenELEC I would (theoretically, didn't tried it):
* Create a config for pulseaudio to stream the audio output as a network stream.
* Choose the appropiate pulseaudio output device in XBMC (you need to use a regular distro or to compile OpenELEC with pulse enabled).
* Open the network stream with logitechmediaserver.
* Play on squeeze clients (squeezelite ...).
* The above steps can be done automatically (via init scripts / systemd) or set only once and now to play audio you only need to control one instance of XBMC and it can be done via the regular means, no need of special addon like Xsqueeze that can't be controlled via JSON-RPC.

Edit: Read also http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Synchronization
What has to be done to run "artist slideshow" automatic after for example 20 seconds?

(2014-05-14, 13:26)dhead Wrote: @bebox

VLC is a bad approach, I don't think it would work.
You need to work with a protocol that designed for synchronized audio playback.

From googling gather that currently the best approach is squeeze.
If squeeze can also synchronized internet radio playback then on Linux/OpenELEC I would (theoretically, didn't tried it):
* Create a config for pulseaudio to stream the audio output as a network stream.
* Choose the appropiate pulseaudio output device in XBMC (you need to use a regular distro or to compile OpenELEC with pulse enabled).
* Open the network stream with logitechmediaserver.
* Play on squeeze clients (squeezelite ...).
* The above steps can be done automatically (via init scripts / systemd) or set only once and now to play audio you only need to control one instance of XBMC and it can be done via the regular means, no need of special addon like Xsqueeze that can be controlled via JSON-RPC.

Edit: Read also http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Synchronization

hello . hm maybe youre right - but Squeeze can only Sync Audio. VLan does both - Video and Audio. And VLan IS designed to Sync them with udp as a multicast stream .. i tested this and the only thing you need is a powerful enought Device to make a multicast (i3 better i5 with some memory and GPU support)

please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4L2qonfz8#t=10 solution: http://www.hackedexistence.com/project-vlc.html

To Sync only Audio i send my title via UPNP to SONOS .. not that problem.works wonderful ... but i think there a possibility to have a solution just with XBMC .... Under Eden there was an addon - but not working for Frodo/Gotham ...
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10