• 8(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
This web UI is amazing!

With the following line in the meta code you can tell android that it can be considered as an app:
Code:
<meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">

For IOS I believe it is
Code:
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">

I found this here http://java.dzone.com/articles/home-scre...ps-android . There are some other tips for creating an app-icon as well!
(2014-03-19, 18:03)metrafonic Wrote: Hasanyone been able to set up a reverseproxy with chorus? I have an ubuntu server running apache2 to reverseproxy from my apple tv 1 with chorus. So when i visit xbmc.mydomainname.com i get to chorus. But all xbmc images and files are unavailable. I get a 404. Whether it be:
"domain.com/vfs/..." i get a 404
But when i replace my domain name with the appletv ip, it works. why is this?

I know this might not bee too relevant to chorus, but because the streaming features dont work i thought it would be ok to post here.

This is my setup, which is working, at least for thunbnails:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName xbmc
ServerAlias xbmc.mydomain.pri www.xbmc.mydomain.pri

<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
AllowEncodedSlashes On
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / http://xbmc.mydomain.pri/ nocanon
ProxyPassReverse / http://xbmc.mydomain.pri/
SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
</VirtualHost>

The magic seems to be both, AllowEncodedSlashes directive and nocanon keyword.

Get lucky.
Chorus looks really nice, keep up the good work!

I'm running it on a Frodo minified server build. (see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132919)

And I am not able to see any thumbnails in Chorus, and I get a ton of these errors in the logfile:
Quote:WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol
WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol
ERROR: Exists - Error checking for

These errors are always followed for a path like this
Quote:/path/to/my/xbmc/portable_data/addons/webinterface.chorus/image/image://http%3a%2f%2fsomething

I'm running 0.3.3, but this also happened in 0.3.2.

In XWMM I can see the thumbnails fine, so I'm at a loss here. Any clues?
Is there a way to change views within a category?

When I click on artists, i see a column with all my artists and can scroll through and find what I want.

When I click on albums, i only get a header of recent with a wall view of the most recently played albums. I don't see how to change it to a list or anything.
(2014-04-09, 08:48)fizze Wrote: Chorus looks really nice, keep up the good work!

I'm running it on a Frodo minified server build. (see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132919)

And I am not able to see any thumbnails in Chorus, and I get a ton of these errors in the logfile:
Quote:WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol
WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol
ERROR: Exists - Error checking for

These errors are always followed for a path like this
Quote:/path/to/my/xbmc/portable_data/addons/webinterface.chorus/image/image://http%3a%2f%2fsomething

I'm running 0.3.3, but this also happened in 0.3.2.

In XWMM I can see the thumbnails fine, so I'm at a loss here. Any clues?

Ah, I have been wanting to try a server version of xbmc, handy link!
It seems that chorus might need a basePath setting (and a settings page) as different people have different issues with this.
You can do some troubleshooting by first editing your index.html and change chorus.min.js to chorus.js, end then edit chorus.js.
Look around line 15004 (parseImage() - v0.3.4) and see if modifying the path helps. eg change to return '/image/'

(2014-04-13, 03:48)macbean Wrote: Is there a way to change views within a category?

When I click on artists, i see a column with all my artists and can scroll through and find what I want.

When I click on albums, i only get a header of recent with a wall view of the most recently played albums. I don't see how to change it to a list or anything.

As luck would have it, this was just added. At least the ability to browse by recently added, played, genre or year. See version 0.3.4.
The future should see browsing of all albums and some different list options. In the meantime, the search works really well!
congratz on your pretty blue color Smile
@jez500

Amazing work,
I found out today Chorus updated to 0.3.4 (running headless) and the new filtering feature is great, I love it.
Edit: Although I would also like to filter artists by genre, I'm not sure how this will fit in the ui.

I also figure out why my VPN server decided not let me connect to my XBMC machine remotely,
so now I can stream music from Chorus over the web.
Well, sort of, the fact Chorus doesn't resize images doesn't help for responsiveness.
Also something is wrong with the caching of songs, it doesn't looks like Chorus tries to load the whole song and doesn't preload the next one before the current ends.
So Chorus still can't replace my CherryMusic daemon.
I may add that I did tested through the wifi of closest cafeteria and it's not the most stable connection.

Anyway filtering is great and this feature I'm missing personally is basic PVR control (mainly for radio channels) and power control (shutdown and restart).
Hello!

I discovered Chorus yesterday (part of Openelec I think - I don't remember installing it myself), and I must say, wow. Thanks so much! As a token of appreciation, here's a beer: 16H412990T145361J .

One question: on my setup I get no thumbnails, either for music or for videos. They all have a broken URL. I tried deleting the databases, but the problem persists. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
(2014-04-13, 17:45)Kib Wrote: congratz on your pretty blue color Smile

Thanks Kib Smile
(2014-04-14, 07:14)dhead Wrote: @jez500

Amazing work,
I found out today Chorus updated to 0.3.4 (running headless) and the new filtering feature is great, I love it.
Edit: Although I would also like to filter artists by genre, I'm not sure how this will fit in the ui.

I also figure out why my VPN server decided not let me connect to my XBMC machine remotely,
so now I can stream music from Chorus over the web.
Well, sort of, the fact Chorus doesn't resize images doesn't help for responsiveness.
Also something is wrong with the caching of songs, it doesn't looks like Chorus tries to load the whole song and doesn't preload the next one before the current ends.
So Chorus still can't replace my CherryMusic daemon.
I may add that I did tested through the wifi of closest cafeteria and it's not the most stable connection.

Anyway filtering is great and this feature I'm missing personally is basic PVR control (mainly for radio channels) and power control (shutdown and restart).

Glad you like the updates Smile
With the artists (and maybe songs) I was thinking of having something like tabs on an open filter (genre/year) you could then toggle between albums/artists/songs on a genre. Feels like the best ui integration.

Sweet, good to hear it works over the interwebs! I will ask around about image resizing, but this is what xbmc gives us so we kinda have to live with it for the moment. I'll also have a look at the preloading next track and see if any tweaks can be made.
(2014-04-16, 10:50)krakout Wrote: Hello!

I discovered Chorus yesterday (part of Openelec I think - I don't remember installing it myself), and I must say, wow. Thanks so much! As a token of appreciation, here's a beer: 16H412990T145361J .

One question: on my setup I get no thumbnails, either for music or for videos. They all have a broken URL. I tried deleting the databases, but the problem persists. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Ha, it's getting out there by itself, cool Smile Glad you like it and thanks for the beer!

With the thumbnails, does this solve your issue? https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/27
Ohhhh yeah man, that worked like a charm! Finally, now I can get my girl to use it, too Big Grin Thanks for the fast reply!

[EDIT] Oh, I found a little bug? When I choose "All movies" the page scrolls down endlessly, populating with the same list again and again repeating the titles... not a biggie, but interesting!
Great looking interface!

Could I do a plus one (+1) for transcoding (the missing feature in XBMC). If that is implemented you will get requests for user authentication as well.

A combination of subsonic (or better madsonic, since that one is free and supports user authentication) and xbmc has always been my wish. I have those running perfectly: xbmc at home and madsonic for on the road. However it would be great if at the end of viewing a movie xbmc gets updated as well. And then there are some other parts of both projects that I don't like, like using frames...

Now I know, they both run on tomcat, but it might be easy to see how they implemented transcoding and just use that Wink
Greatest web interface ever. I use it on all my toys. Thx for it. Great stuff.
This is class and will be used as central for multi room audio solution with irule. Thx
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10