• 3(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
@jez500

Wow, Great Work !!!

Tested with my headless music client, Amlogic 8726-M6/MX device running XBMC Frodo on latest Linux build by croniccorey.

I love the streaming feature which will may replace my CherryMusic installation which is streaming locally to my ChromeBook and also through VPN (Google Music killer).

Few suggestions:
* Browsing a large library is really awkward, having able to filter by genre is a must have feature.
* Including artists that only appears in collections should be optional. Edit: It look like the setting from XBMC is applied.
* Take some design notes from Music Pump Remote for Android in regards to:
** Ease of browsing
** Fitting gui to small and large screen.
** Artists info window.
** Playlist that is managed by the app which makes it possible to change the output (between local to remote) and thus enables a continues listening experience (imagine moving from amplified speakers to laptop or smartphone headphones), although if the webgui is access by multiple users one might want to keep the current behaviour (so maybe have this optional via a setting).
* Future feature (when enabled in XBMC) would be transcoding audio (must due to bandwidth caps when streaming through mobile networks).
* Keyboard shortcuts (same as XBMC, like Space as Play/Pause and etc...).
* More app like experience in general like asking for confirmation for tab closing when audio is played locally), custom context menu (example Dropbox website) with actions (like Equeue, Equeue After Current, Play Now ...).
* Downloading current playlist would be great (nice feature of CherryMusic, doesn't have to be a saved playlist).
* Controling pvr radio would be very useful as I got a nice list of online radio station set as pvr radio with IPTVSimple.
I noticed that on my tablet and Chromebook scrolling is noticeably slower than my laptop, I'm guessing that the images are not resized.

Anyway pretty amazing addon I hope this would be advanced even more .
Excellent work!!! This web interface is awesome!

Thanks!
This web interface looks absolutely beautiful and is much superior compared to the default one. Fantastic job!
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Sorry for the noob question but if I download the zip it gives me version 0.1 although the github overview shows 0.21.
When I connect the 0.1 it is stuck in the loading screen as other people already experienced.
Like to try 0.21 to see if this is remedied. The screens of the UI looks kick-ass!
Hi all,

Just pushed a rather large update to chorus, loads of bug fixes, refactoring, styles and most notably...
Movie support! So update today

For those having issues getting up and running, do not clone the project into addons.
Instead, extract the contents of the webinterface.chorus.zip into addons (removing any old versions first).

@ezechiel1917
- To be honest, FLAC support is pretty low on the priority list for me

@dhead
- Thanks for the suggestions, I have added them over here: https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/10
- Yeah this thing gets sluggish on low power/memory devices, the api doesn't support resizing the images and you can't do it in javascript, I lazy load images where possible.

@elbalanetuser, @freem@n
Thanks Smile
I get a dependencies not met when installing from zip, could you list what it requires please.

EDIT // This is with last nights gotham nightly, if that matters.

EDIT 2//

unzipping manually into ~/.xbmc/addons/ does no it work correctly either Sad

http://imgur.com/qGCsBYr
(2014-02-23, 12:45)Saner Wrote: I get a dependencies not met when installing from zip, could you list what it requires please.

EDIT // This is with last nights gotham nightly, if that matters.

possibly, have a play with the version numbers in the <requires> section of addon.xml
eg. addons/webinterface.chorus/addon.xml
I shall have a play Big Grin

I likes playing.

EDIT //

PHP Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.0.1"/> 

Fixed it installing, but I still get the other errors.

PHP Code:
Uncaught TypeErrorCannot read property 'length' of null chorus.js:17008
soundManager
.setup.onready chorus.js:17008
U
.D soundmanager2-nodebug-jsmin.js:67
(anonymous function) soundmanager2-nodebug-jsmin.js:67
Uncaught TypeError
Cannot read property 'song' of undefined chorus.js:18426
app
.playlists.isThumbsUp chorus.js:18426
app
.PlaylistItemView.Backbone.View.extend.render chorus.js:21998
(anonymous function) chorus.js:21913
w
.each.w.forEach chorus.js:9789
app
.PlaylistView.Backbone.View.extend.render chorus.js:21910
(anonymous function) chorus.js:18478
(anonymous function) chorus.js:18454
$.jsonRPC.request.success chorus.js:18731
$.extend.jsonRPC._requestSuccess chorus.js:13594
$.ajax.success chorus.js:13531
fire chorus
.js:3048
self
.fireWith chorus.js:3160
done chorus
.js:8235
callback chorus
.js:8778 
(2014-02-23, 13:07)Saner Wrote: I shall have a play Big Grin

I likes playing.

Nice Smile
I have just pushed a minor update v0.2.4, hopefully fixing a few things.
I also removed the gui as a requirement
Installed fine and seem to be working perfectly.

thanks for the quick fix Smile
i'm missing the stop button. i can only pauze/play so there's no way to stop current playback
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-02-23, 13:53)Martijn Wrote: i'm missing the stop button. i can only pauze/play so there's no way to stop current playback

There never was a stop button
In most cases pausing is enough although I might add a stop button to a popup remote in the future
(2014-02-23, 14:11)jez500 Wrote:
(2014-02-23, 13:53)Martijn Wrote: i'm missing the stop button. i can only pauze/play so there's no way to stop current playback

There never was a stop button
In most cases pausing is enough although I might add a stop button to a popup remote in the future

if you pause the video will keep displaying in xbmc. i'm sure there are plenty of us who actually want to stop the playback Smile
at least that would be something i expect on the bottom remote during playback.
looks very promising in total.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-02-23, 14:13)Martijn Wrote: if you pause the video will keep displaying in xbmc. i'm sure there are plenty of us who actually want to stop the playback Smile
at least that would be something i expect on the bottom remote during playback.
looks very promising in total.

I like the "during playback" idea, maybe these too...
- Double click the play button to stop
- A "now playing" section on the movie page that is playing, including a stop button

I would prefer not to have it as a permanent addition to the ui, It already has lots of buttons Wink
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10