Solved Correct file and artwork naming / location for Video_TS folders
The extrafanart and extrathumbs idk if its supported in all skins.

The actor stuff is part of Milhouses script, Im not sure how that would work in Local but I remember a great deal of Actor related comments in relation to the tool.

Try renaming test_actor.jpg to actor.jpg and remove #1 from the extrathum/fanart names

All and all not bad news then.
Good ideas to try the renaming, I'll give that a go.

Yeah, it's about 90% there. If only XBMC could transcode videos on the fly....then I wouldn't have to worry about metadata matching between programs and I could just stream videos directly from my other devices Smile
Well for that you can use other programs until xbmc catches up.
Yeah, it was just a little joke. XBMC is incredible and I've been using it for years. The only reason I'm jumping through these hoops now is to get mediabrowser3 and xbmc working together properly because I am now using mediabrowser to stream to my tablets and idevices.
Im sure I stumbled into MB3 + XBMC thread... Thers also a MB3 addon > look around.
You know, I had briefly looked at the MB3 addon, but quickly discarded it as it's primary function is to use MB3 as the backend and basically use XBMC to stream videos which I thought was somewhat pointless. But now that I think about it, if it can keep track of watched status, auto-scrape movies in the background, and still provide a quick interface via xbmc it might be a great answer.

I have been running a sql database for the last few years to keep watched status and resume states syncronized, as well as just keeping as much as possible in 1 location. If I could do that without having to have a sql server backend AND be able to stream to any device, that would be pretty damn sweet.

Nevertheless, I'm afraid I've led my own thread down a bit of a rabbit hole. Back to main topic.

If anyone knows the proper folder structure and image naming conventions for extrafanart, extrathumbs, and actors (especially for video_ts folder structure), please let me know.
Havent I already told you the naming convention and location like 200 posts back Wink

The proof is it works as I said, all that remains is to know if the last renaming suggestions fix the remainder of the art not showing up which was extrathumbs/extrawhatever and actor.jpg
uNiversal,

You did outline the naming convention and location a few posts back Smile But there was still some uncertainty.

I tested a bunch more this evening and I can confirm your locations are correct. The extrafanart, extrathumbs, and .actors folder must be in the same folder as the actual video file. The fanart, banner, and all other images go in the movie name folder, NOT the VIDEO_TS folder.

So, in the case of VIDEO_TS folder structure you must have:

Movies\A Good Day to Die Hard\VIDEO_TS\fanart.jpg, banner.jpg, poster.jpg, clearart.jpg, etc
Movies\A Good Day to Die Hard\VIDEO_TS\.actors\Actor_Name.jpg, Actor_Name.jpg, etc
*You must have "Download actor thumbnails when adding to library" in the Video Settings enabled BEFORE you import the movie or it won't pick up the actor thumbs. Otherwise you have to do a refresh from the movie info screen.
Movies\A Good Day to Die Hard\VIDEO_TS\extrafanart\fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc
Movies\A Good Day to Die Hard\VIDEO_TS\extrathumbs\thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg, etc

The nfo file can either be named exactly movie.nfo and be placed in:
Movies\A Good Day to Die Hard\

Or can be named the same as the primary video file and saved in the VIDEO_TS folder:
Movies\A Good Day to Die Hard\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.ifo, VIDEO_TS.nfo
or
Movies\A Good Day to Die Hard\VIDEO_TS\A Good Day to Die Hard.iso, A Good Day to Die Hard.nfo

(I think the name of the nfo file doesn't matter, as long as it's in the VIDEO_TS folder)

I hope that helps anyone else in the future Smile Or at least me when I forget later on Smile I just hope that Gotham doesn't change any of this.....
You could do two things....

1) Edit the xbmc wiki and add this information, since it will get buried and lost in forum...

2) When you are satisfied mark this as solved.
Good points uNiversal.

I'll mark this solved and do a bit more testing to confirm, then try to edit the wiki Smile
Wiki updated. Let me know if it makes sense?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...cal_images

Take a look at the note section immediately below the link. It has links to ExtraFanart, Actor, and The Thumbnails sections. Each of which I edited slightly.
Indeed...

Perhaps the best place for that whole complete block including your edit would be in Thumbnails (wiki) Since the Frodo FAQ is already becoming obsolete when Gotham comes out...

Great job any way.
Yeah, I think the thumbnails section definitely needs the update, but I just don't know enough of the requirements on image type, etc. I only tested specifically for VIDEO_TS functionality, not artwork type, etc. But I could work on something. I also tried to tie in as much as useful in the relevant Extra Fanart page and Thumbnail pages. I just don't want to make a mistake or provide un-tested info. I may take a stab at merging the bits that are specifically listed in the Frodo FAQ with what's in the thumbnails page with a big fat disclaimer Smile
Well its better than nothing in the end...

The point is that your use case is not isolated, so if you document what works for you, is already a big fat bonus... Even if it has a dsiclaimer someone can always update it add all remainder info...
And as long as info is in wiki it easier to find then in some forum thread with 10000/200 pages long. buried under 500000 threads with subject, -- help me Im new --in the tittle

Hint

Milhouse, the guy who devs the script I mentioned knows artwork naming backwards, but if he uses your structure or is familiar with it idk. Likely he is...

In any case Ive +'s you for adding the wiki info... good job.
That is a good idea about contacting Millhouse! I'll run some stuff by him and maybe the 2 of us can get the wiki updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct file and artwork naming / location for Video_TS folders0