Low Cost XBMC w/ DTS-MA
(2014-01-15, 23:54)nickr Wrote: My revo r3700s are great xbmc machines. They are snappy and the nvidia graphics are great. I believe tgat T=they also do dts-ma and truehd, but I presently don't have an avr with hd audio to test that.

If you decide to go revo make sure you get the ION2 chipset.

From what I can see the Revo 3700 CANNOT bitstream std-ma. The Revo L80 can but is more pricey.
(2014-01-15, 22:43)bluray Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 18:37)EndersShadow Wrote: As such I need whatever device I get to be able to send DTS-MA or TRUEHD over HDMI. That seems to be where the problem lies.
If you just want a very simple streaming device that supports DTS-MA, TrueHD, Flac, WAV, etc, nothing can beat this little unit "KDLINKS HD700"....

But if you want a customizable streaming device with better GUI, nothing come close to XBMC. You have the bragging rights to say "I built it" too....

No xbmc in kdlinks hd700

(2014-01-15, 21:01)EndersShadow Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 19:51)solamnic Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181804

Intel Nuc with Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition

I think it will serve your needs just right...
Hmmm.. now that looks like it might be my huckleberry.

Would that run Win 7 w/ XBMC on top, or would I be looking at one of the other flavors of XBMC?

It can run win7 ...
Just add 4 gb ram and ssd...
And i think its the best and cheapest option .....

Avoid android boxes...
(2014-01-16, 08:58)solamnic Wrote: No xbmc in kdlinks hd700
That is right, and I'm not suggesting HD700 for XBMC. He is trying to decide between the standalone streaming box and full blown XBMC HTPC. He want a very simple media streamer that can playback Blu-ray with HD audio files, HD700 should make a great standalone media player. For $150, it is very tough to buy or build a new HTPC that can support Blu-ray with HD audio file. He might be able to fine a used PC on Craigslist for that, but it is not going to be pretty....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Am I right in that the WD TV will support both 1080p MKV and DTS-MA?

It also appears they have a custom "theme" created by a user similar to the Aeon theme from XBMC:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hu...d-p/214008

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low Cost XBMC w/ DTS-MA0