Universal Movie Scraper: Unable to connect to remote server
I have searched a lot for this problem, but could not find a definitive solution.

Suddenly when my movie library is updating I am getting the message 'Unable to connect to the remote server'. It seems to be a Universal Movie Scraper issue, because my tv-scraper addon still works without problems and xbmx/openelec says I'm connected to the internet.

It's quite a nasty issue, since xbmc won't add any movies when it can't find the movie information. And in some weird way, I can not disable or uninstall the Universal Movie Scraper, both options are grayed out in the add-on configurion panel.

My system is: Xtreamer Ultra / Openelec

Does anyone have a solution?
(2014-01-15, 21:41)chris62 Wrote: I have searched a lot for this problem, but could not find a definitive solution.

Suddenly when my movie library is updating I am getting the message 'Unable to connect to the remote server'. It seems to be a Universal Movie Scraper issue, because my tv-scraper addon still works without problems and xbmx/openelec says I'm connected to the internet.

It's quite a nasty issue, since xbmc won't add any movies when it can't find the movie information. And in some weird way, I can not disable or uninstall the Universal Movie Scraper, both options are grayed out in the add-on configurion panel.

My system is: Xtreamer Ultra / Openelec

Does anyone have a solution?

Yes and then XBMC asks if I want to contnue the scanning. And movie (using universal movie scraper) or TV show is being scraped. (scraped with the TVDB).
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Err...if that would be the case, then would I post this issue here? (let me help you: the answer starts with 'n' , two letters).
(2014-01-15, 22:14)chris62 Wrote: Err...if that would be the case, then would I post this issue here? (let me help you: the answer starts with 'n' , two letters).
Well, it is the case as I wrote in my post Wink
It is simply annoying to get this message and say yes or no, when the movie/ TV show is scraped anyway.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Well for that issue I have seen a couple of solutions, if you search this forum you will find them.

However for my situation this won't help, since the movies are not added when the scraper can't connect to the server.

Anyone else experience with this?
I noticed the same problem a few days ago and still can't find a solution..
Running openelec on RPi.
Got the same issue, I cant upgrade library, I get the "unable to connect to remote server"
However I can update one series at a time. A bit frustrating if you got a couple of them.
My XBMC installation is on a OSX Mavericks installation.

EDIT: I got this in my xbmc.log:

Code:
15:38:23 T:4607750144 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
15:38:23 T:4607750144 WARNING: FillBuffer: Reconnect, (re)try 1
15:38:24 T:4607750144 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
15:38:24 T:4607750144   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
15:38:24 T:4607750144   ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
15:38:26 T:4607750144  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:08

This has been for over a week. No issues earlier.
Getting the same error now. Very frustrating. Cant find any definitive solution online. Any one else get anywhere with this yet?
in ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml, i added/changed
<curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
to...
<curlclienttimeout>60</curlclienttimeout>

now it looks like:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
<curlclienttimeout>60</curlclienttimeout>
<curllowspeedtime>5</curllowspeedtime>