• 120(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Adding the ability to use random movie fanart as backgrounds for video playlists has been mentioned several times in this forum. I am wondering if there are any future plans to add this feature?
(2014-06-07, 00:20)soopuk Wrote: Hi folks. Great skin, thanks to all involved.

I am looking to have a custom menu item go directly to a folder on my source (my NAS video folder). At the moment, I can select Videos, then files, then the source, then navigate to the folder I want.

Is there a way to get straight there from the custom menu? I have been trying to read about ActivateWindow but I'm getting lost. Do I have to edit the skin code to get this?

Any help much appreciated.
Yeah, Look up the share name in samba code and use
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,smb://<name_to_share>,return)
and use that as a custom action.

(2014-06-07, 00:55)Warner306 Wrote: Adding the ability to use random movie fanart as backgrounds for video playlists has been mentioned several times in this forum. I am wondering if there are any future plans to add this feature?
Yeah I would like to add that, the thing holding me back is the fact that smart playlist cant be used to filter out items that dont have fanart. I'm looking for a way to use a script for it but that is easier said then done.
@BigNoid

Any plans to implement Small Shift in Nox5?

I could likely edit the skin to decrease the size, but it might be worth a mass include. It's a great way to show off a wider number of films/items while also placing some emphasis on fanart.

I also have a network icon for CurrentTV that i'd like to commit if you're taking them. Created it for my own install of Nox4, may as well share it now.
(2014-06-06, 14:49)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 13:44)bokkoman Wrote: When I do a fresh install of the github source of AN, the whole menu's are all very f@#ked up. All out of order, missing menu labels etc.
Is something wrong with the github source?

I don't believe there's been any changes to the menus on Nox5's side. Perhaps a screenshot might better illustrate what the problem is, and a debug log (wiki) might tell us why there's the problem.

I to get the same as bokkoman. Completely clean and fresh install of 13.1 (released 5/6) and Aeon Nox 5.5.1 from the download link in the 1st page. Before installing 13.1, I removed from Program Files and UserData so it's a clean install.
Hi BigNoid,

Hi BigNoid,

How can be launched the Artwork Downloader for all the library??

Thanks,
@batmanraid Make a submenu entry to the addon and run it.
I know asking for new views months after the release is unlikely to get me anywhere, but after setting up this skin for my father, I started using it myself and noticed the omission of a proper wall view. I like the icons view, but for larger collections, I find it inadequate. Currently, there are 14 movies per screen in icons view and 15 in infowall. This compares to the 27 per screen in Aeon Nox 4:

Aeon Nox Version 4 wall:

Aeon Nox Version 5 icons:

Is it possible to expand the infowall to include another 9 movies or more? The bottom of the panel could be moved up to accommodate title and codec info below.

(2014-06-04, 10:22)teeedubb Wrote: Hey guys,
My recent epiodes and movies widgets have stopped displaying any info, just a spinning circle and I'm unable to select them. When I scroll to tv-shows I can briefly see one popup. The program + music widgets display info correctly.
Looks like it was a problem with guisettings.xml -upgrading to 13.1 and reinstalling an5 didn't help but reconfiguring the widgets got the recently added widgets displaying info.
(2014-06-07, 23:30)Warner306 Wrote: I know asking for new views months after the release is unlikely to get me anywhere, but after setting up this skin for my father, I started using it myself and noticed the omission of a proper wall view. I like the icons view, but for larger collections, I find it inadequate. Currently, there are 14 movies per screen in icons view and 15 in infowall. This compares to the 27 per screen in Aeon Nox 4:

You can try my Aeon Nox 5 mod, it has a wall view that displays 27 posters. Alternatively, it probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to add my wall view to Nox 5.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192623
(2014-06-07, 23:30)Warner306 Wrote: I know asking for new views months after the release is unlikely to get me anywhere, but after setting up this skin for my father, I started using it myself and noticed the omission of a proper wall view. I like the icons view, but for larger collections, I find it inadequate. Currently, there are 14 movies per screen in icons view and 15 in infowall. This compares to the 27 per screen in Aeon Nox 4:

Aeon Nox Version 4 wall:

Aeon Nox Version 5 icons:

Is it possible to expand the infowall to include another 9 movies or more? The bottom of the panel could be moved up to accommodate title and codec info below.

+1
Hi guys,

love the Aeon Nox 4 build so gave this one a go.

Have some trouble when mapping to a specific folder it displays as a list rather than the scaped data if that makes sense?

My folder structure is Data\Movies\HD.Movies
If I add the whole "movies' folder it ads BluRay, DVD, 3D etc..

If I have a sub menu under Movies that is (activatewindow):\\smb<data\movies\hdmovies\ it does take me directly to HD Movies, but not in a scraped with details format, its a just a file list.

ill try put some time aside to look through all the comment tomorrow but if someone has a quick answer for me that'd be tops.

Cheers,
DeeG
(2014-06-08, 14:23)d33g33 Wrote: Have some trouble when mapping to a specific folder it displays as a list rather than the scaped data if that makes sense?

My folder structure is Data\Movies\HD.Movies
If I add the whole "movies' folder it ads BluRay, DVD, 3D etc..

If I have a sub menu under Movies that is (activatewindow):\\smb<data\movies\hdmovies\ it does take me directly to HD Movies, but not in a scraped with details format, its a just a file list.

You're linking to the source, so you're seeing the file list. To see the contents of that folder within the library view, take a look at smart playlists (wiki) - a rule with "Path" "contains".

(2014-06-07, 11:51)Radar Wrote: I to get the same as bokkoman. Completely clean and fresh install of 13.1 (released 5/6) and Aeon Nox 5.5.1 from the download link in the 1st page. Before installing 13.1, I removed from Program Files and UserData so it's a clean install.

I believe Nox 5.5.x is for Helix (XBMC 14) - install 5.1.x, either from the repo or the Gotham branch on github.
(2014-06-07, 22:47)Vaikin Wrote: @batmanraid Make a submenu entry to the addon and run it.

Vaikin,

Done!!!! Thanks!!!!!
(2014-06-08, 06:39)bryanbrazil Wrote:

You can try my Aeon Nox 5 mod, it has a wall view that displays 27 posters. Alternatively, it probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to add my wall view to Nox 5.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192623

I don't mind your wall view but I'd prefer something with more white space (perhaps with the movies in a panel). Retrofitting the infowall to hold more movie cases would make the most sense. The label at the bottom containing the title and codec information would be a challenge for space, as there is no room for a title. If nothing else, however, I'd take the wall view you created.
(2014-06-07, 11:51)Radar Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 14:49)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 13:44)bokkoman Wrote: When I do a fresh install of the github source of AN, the whole menu's are all very f@#ked up. All out of order, missing menu labels etc.
Is something wrong with the github source?

I don't believe there's been any changes to the menus on Nox5's side. Perhaps a screenshot might better illustrate what the problem is, and a debug log (wiki) might tell us why there's the problem.

I to get the same as bokkoman. Completely clean and fresh install of 13.1 (released 5/6) and Aeon Nox 5.5.1 from the download link in the 1st page. Before installing 13.1, I removed from Program Files and UserData so it's a clean install.

Same here!!
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537